IGNORED

Moto Grip Sleeves Review

flames9

Bilke: 2023 K1600GT

Replaced: Grip Puppies. Why I desired something else: I was not a fan of the squishiness (softness)

Bought at https://www.fornesfabs.com/  ( I paid for these grips! I did not receive any kick-backs)

Shipping: was fast and great communication. Extra bonus was a piece of chocolate!!

Moto Sleeve Grip type I went with: Onrey. I was told they are all of similar thickness/hardness, just a different feel. I guess at 1 time he sold a "softer" feel, but no longer does

The Old grip buddies came off very easily, and then cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol

Install: If you watch the video on the website, it really is that easy! I'm the guy that buys the maint pkg and lets BMW take care of the bike for a very good reason, lol So if I say its easy.....it is easy!! Do recommend using the gloves to apply the glue as he states in the video. I tried to put them on first WITHOUT the glue....nope, too snug! I trusted his vdeo....applied the glue as instructed, and they slid right on, whew.....

Feel: No more squishiness!! I'm fairly certain the bike is faster now....that squishiness must slow down ones throttle response.....maybe the equivalent of a Bren-tune?? (ok maybe not)

Conclusion: Very positive purchase, great communication with the owner  and grips that feels very nice. I have only used them for a short bit. Will update my review as time goes on. Thus far a very happy customer.

thickness 2.jpg

thgickness.jpg

new grips 2.jpg

new grips.jpg

Glad it's working for you.  I actually really like grip puppies as the soft feel helps dampen the vibration.  I would have a hard time gluing over my original heated grips.  If I got ham-fisted on removal, replacing the heated grips would be an expensive mistake for me.  I'm not a fan of the original grips as they must be for folks with tiny hands.  Kind of like a tennis racket...they all need a beef up in size....IMHO   

When exposed to ethyl alcohol, rubber materials can soften, swell, become brittle, and/or experience a loss of strength

I also like foam grips a lot. They not only make the throttle more comfortable for my XL-long hands, but they also help a lot with vibration. However, I don't like Grip-Puppies, since their smallest length is 5", and our grips are 4.5". Tried cutting them, but they looked like crap to me (yes, I'm a picky guy. Ha ha). Fortunately, found the perfect alternative on Amazon: Grab-On grips. They're the same material, but sized perfectly at 4.5" (see pic below). No affiliation at all, but to help those who like Grip-Puppies, but would like an OEM look, like me:grin:.

R1250R Grips.JPG

I had these installed: SMARTSKIN™ Original Grip Buddies Comfort Grips.....they were not a slip on....they had velcro and glue. So there was a noticeable line....did not look good at all.    Those look a lot better.  Will see how these new ones do for vibration.  Only been short rides thus far.

• 1 month later...
hunter41

I too prefer a more firm but wider diameter grip.  On my Honda CTX I used dirt bike grips over the stock grips.  Same "sleeve" concept but I had to cut away unwanted parts.  I had to buy 2 sets and use the wider inside diameter grip (the one for the throttle tube) from each set.  No glue, just a soapy solution.  I used Renthal medium diamond pattern grips which were gray and looked nice on the black bike and similar O'neals, which lasted longer.  Result was a wider but still firm grip, with an added benefit of being "sticky" so less effort to grip.  I am not rushing into doing the same with the the RS though, because of the heated grips.  My first bike with heated grips and I am enjoying them as-is right now!

flames9

So far enjoying the grips..wish I had found my calipers to measure the difference between the Grip puppies and these (fornes fabs)  I think these new ones are just a tiny bit thicker.   

Not experiencing any numbess or vibration issues. 

And yes one still gets the heat!  I ride in below freezing levels here in MD and I still have to turn the heat level down!!   

For me to be perfectly satisfied, would prefer the rubber compound to be a bit softer....maybe in the warmer months it will be.  Overall, happy with the purchase

• Like 1