IGNORED

Odyssey battery, PC 680 label change or wrong battery?

KDeline

Ordered a couple of PC 680s, and got what says on the battery ODS-AGM16L. It’s the exact same size, color, graphics, and I’m assuming electronically the same but I don’t claim to understand all the little nuances. Anybody know anything about this, name change or different battery? And it looks to be a plug-in play, so I assume I can use it.

IMG_1665.jpeg

37 minutes ago, KDeline said:

Ordered a couple of PC 680s, and got what says on the battery ODS-AGM16L. It’s the exact same size, color, graphics, and I’m assuming electronically the same but I don’t claim to understand all the little nuances. Anybody know anything about this, name change or different battery? And it looks to be a plug-in play, so I assume I can use it.

IMG_1665.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 7.08.24 PM.jpg

Looks like just a nomenclature change...

John Ranalletta
3 hours ago, KDeline said:

Thank you, just a different label. Change for changes sake......

13 hours ago, KDeline said:

Thank you, just a different label. Change for changes sake......

PC-680 doesn't tell me anything about the battery.

ODS-AGM16L

It's a mouthful, but it provides some of the specs without requiring a cross reference table.

Odyssey brand, AGM chemistry, Group 16 battery size, negative post on the left.

I like it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lkraus said:

PC-680 doesn't tell me anything about the battery.

ODS-AGM16L

It's a mouthful, but it provides some of the specs without requiring a cross reference table.

Odyssey brand, AGM chemistry, Group 16 battery size, negative post on the left.

I like it.

I had no clue.....I need to pay more attention. 

szurszewski

I'd understood/guessed most of it, but it didn't occur to me that L was for LEFT negative. Handy. 

On 2/16/2024 at 10:52 AM, szurszewski said:

but it didn't occur to me that L was for LEFT negative.

My question is how are you supposed to position the battery to know that. If you turn it 180-deg, then the negative would be on the other side. Ha ha.

At any rate, the Yuasa site says the correct battery for a 2020 RT/R/RS is YTX14H-BS, which is the high-performance AGM model, with 12Ah/240 CCA. The factory one has 200, so it's the equivalent of the less powerful YTX14-BS. Both have identical measurements, but the factory battery is about 1/16" less in depth and height (witdh is the same). I'll buy one of those soon, for piece of mind (I typically ride in the middle of nowhere).