IGNORED

Page layout on narrower browser window

Today I went looking for the logout button and couldn't see it anywhere. It was then I noticed the top part of the page is wider than my browser window. (I like to keep my browser a bit wider than half my screen.) All the other page content fits/wraps fine, it's just the buttons to the right of the top banner that hide out of sight. Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate. I've highlighted the horizontal scrollbar and also, on the second shot, the missing in action buttons.

Is there anything you can do to make the top banner scale down based on browser width so the buttons appear on the page and there is no horizontal scroll bar? (Within reason, of course; 100px wide browser window would be pretty un-useful.)

ScrollAtLeft.PNG

ScrollAtRight.PNG

chrisolson

What happens if you widen the screen ?  At what point do things appear "normal" if at all ... ?

szurszewski

Since @RogerC60 (inadvertently I'm sure) brought me into this, I made a quick video of how it works on my browser. You can see the upper right buttons sort of scoot in a bit and then eventually not longer be allowed on screen ;)

chrisolson

@RogerC60

I've made another small change on the "Dark" theme , a bit more than the change on the Medium.

Try it ...it should shrink more before things start to disappear

Wow, thanks for digging into this before I even gave you the specifics! The improvement is nice, now I can see my username dropdown to the right of the banner. My preference is dark theme; I had logged out before grabbing those screen shots.

I run my monitors at 1920x1080. My browser window is currently 1058px wide (thank you Spy++). As I narrow the window, it switches to phone layout about 990px.

chrisolson
19 minutes ago, RogerC60 said:

Wow, thanks for digging into this before I even gave you the specifics! The improvement is nice, now I can see my username dropdown to the right of the banner. My preference is dark theme; I had logged out before grabbing those screen shots.

I run my monitors at 1920x1080. My browser window is currently 1058px wide (thank you Spy++). As I narrow the window, it switches to phone layout about 990px.

So are we now good with the change ?