IGNORED

Rear lug bolt torque on K1200s

Calvin  (no socks)

Calvin  (no socks)

Ok, I'm ready for Colorado, but I've got to torque the rear wheel before I leave... anyone with the specs?

Ok, I'm ready for Colorado, but I've got to torque the rear wheel before I leave... anyone with the specs?

According to the repair manual I have (2001 - on), initial torque is 50 Nm, then final torque is 105 Nm.

It says:

• Working in diagonally opposite sequence, tighten the outer wheel studs to 50 nM.
  • Fully tighten the screw in the center.
  • Fully tighten the outer wheel studs in diagonally opposite sequence.

For the K1200S it's 60Nm NOT 105. That was for the old K-Bikes.

Mick

Mick

Hmmm... Obviously different torque specs floating around out there. The BMW manual for the K1200RS definitely says 105 NM.

DR

Mick

Hmmm... Obviously different torque specs floating around out there. The BMW manual for the K1200RS definitely says 105 NM.

DR

So the RS gets 105 and the S 60.

Andy

Hmmmm. Would it be best to differentiate between "old" and "new"? When I see "K" I think "brick", and the new K is definitely not a brick. tongue.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

[hijack] My own thread? grin.gif

I'm outta here at 12 noon on Friday... I am hooking up with a bud from Austin Texas Saturday afternoon in Arkansas... Should be at Pikes peak by Monday 12:00..

Well no hard plan... but that is the basic task.

Gunny Monday eve.. maybe...

Dennis Andress
Should be at Pikes peak by Monday 12:00..

Me too...

I'm planning on staying Saturday night at a friend's in Wichita Falls, Texas and leaving there Sunday morning heading torward Pikes Pike.

Archived