IGNORED

A day that will live in infamy

Skywagon

Jimmy2Time

So I had similar problems as Skywagon.  The left clip popped out easy and then I spent hours trying to get the right one to unclip.  It was frustrating. 

After a good night's sleep, I remembered that I had an old endoscope that I used for my old cell phone.  I was able to connect it to my Windows Surface Pro for a larger image.  I taped the camera end of the endoscope to a wire clothes hanger, used a florescent shop light to see what I was doing, positioned it to look at the rear of the low beam headlight and looking at the surface pro, I could see my progress.   

I guess I work better visually than blindly feeling around...

Looking at right spring, it appeared bent and was not releasing from the tab. I had to fashion a metal strip of aluminum with a notch to help me move the spring.  It worked.  I did bend the right spring back to a more functioning spring so future attempts might be easier.

Here is a photo of my setup.  

image.png.d20cb0df85201d48caa7ec7691301d2e.png

image.png.c6c2638567f6ec16145290ff8374cc59.png

Edited by Jimmy2Time
photos
  • Like 3

FYI, I don't have speakers so by removing the left speaker cover you have a better view of what you are trying to do blind from underneath.

That is a really nice gizmo, and way cheaper than I imagined. Thank you for sharing.

Scotto336

I just put the Cyclops in my 2019RT.  I managed to bend one of the tabs and spring wires.  Tabs are super flimsy, stamped sheet metal as mentioned.   Was able to straighten them out and get it together but what a PITA.  Success came by using my flexible borescope and android tablet so I could see what I was doing.  I highly recommend using a scope when doing this.  They are about $30 and useful for many things.  Make sure it's compatible with your tablet or phone before buying.  

• Like 2