IGNORED

:..17 years ago today...:

hANNAbONE

hANNAbONE

The master-griller and master of 2-wheels, Gleno, went to his eternal homestead leaving a gaping hole in the side of anyone that knew him well & a gaping hole in the side of the BMWST.com community.

He was deff one of a kind and I miss the lad so much these past years.

Feels like only months ago that we lost him -- let alone 17 years, for Pete's sake.

Shout out the his lovely bride Teresa and the family.

I know many of us that have been around here for a while knew him well and knew his antics.

He was a laugh a minute.

GodSpeed my friend, Gleno...I miss ya, Mandingo. Until we see each other again....

• Like 4

Gone but not forgotten.  A character that added a lot of personality to this place and is still missed.

How I like to remember him and what he's hopefully doing upstairs right now.

gleno10.thumb.jpg.993e2f2b2de37b3b2276ea77fb5171ee.jpg

From a visit to his grave last year on my way to Torrey.

GlenoGrave.thumb.jpg.19de526b786e4423e9846ba3ba23a0e4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
beemerman2k

Hard to believe that was 17 years ago.  My goodness.  As I age, I am tempted to feel that life was good to him.  It's not fun growing old.  I am now seriously questioning my fitness for motorcycling.  I am definitely not the man I was 17 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
duckhawk64

I excercise specifically for vintage durtbike racing and road riding. Mointainbiking 30 minutes oer day, outside or inside. I do a lot of core work and just as much neck work for full range of motion for strength. Helmeted head checking. I play pingpong for reaction time maintenance. 

But, there's a day coming for all of us, when we'll just know we've lost our edge to keep out of harms way from cagers. Cagers are even rough when I'm on a bicycle. I feel like I'll have to be rational and not in denial when that time comes. Cagers are getting worse.

That's when the road bikes are going out the door. I will still trail ride the dirtbikes and fiddle around with those.  

As they say, Ride your own ride; and Ride hard, ride short.

Bicycles are WAY more dangerous to ride on the road than motorcycles IMO. I stopped doing that a while back; now I just ride on dedicated bike trails. The worst example was Nicky Hayden, killed in a freaking bike, and not while racing in MotoGP. But many, many others have been killed that way too. I only ride my bike for the twisties, so it's minimal what I have to ride on busy streets. More than anything, we'll eventually have to adjust our speeds. Ha ha. And that is what is going to kill motorcycling for me; it's just not fun tooling around in the curves.