IGNORED

Ben Roethlisberger's accident

drodg

This might be posted somewhere else but any comments on Ben's accident? Mike Wilbon on ESPN was saying all states should require helmets and it should be in a Professional sports's players contract that he has to wear a helmet if riding.

Gary Radnich, sport commentator on KRON 4 San Francisco said last night, "if sports athletes are gifted with talent and huge contracts, they should stay away from motorcycles".

At the very least Ben should have been wearing a helmet..on a 'busa no less! What was he thinking?

Wilbon is entitled to his opinion. If the Steelers wanted the helmet requirement it in his contract, they would have put it there. For all we know, it is in his contract. That doesn't mean Big Ben is observing the clause. My suspicion is (clearly labeled) the Steelers don't have to pay him if he is in an accident on a motorcycle and gets injured. It has been reported Michael Jordan's contract expressly forbid him to ride on a motorcycle. The helmet wasn't even a consideration. Too bad Ben didn't think about the consequences of his actions. And if he did, that's really too bad.

Gary Radnich, sport commentator on KRON 4 San Francisco said last night, "if sports athletes are gifted with talent and huge contracts, they should stay away from motorcycles".

Or better yet, cut down the pay level and length of the contract and make it clear that his tendencies (riding without ATGATT) are responsible for that.

Every motorcycle accident in the Cincy area becomes an issue of the helmet law. I personally am tired of hearing about it. That comes from a guy who wears his helmet 100% of the time. I agree that in Ben's case it would have helped him. The truth as I believe it is that most motorcycle deaths have little to do with wether or not the rider was wearing a helmet. The neck breaks just as easy with them on!

it is in his contract that if he gets injured while doing something not related to football he does not get paid and will have to pay back his signing bonus.he is an idiot.winslow's son has lost out on millions for getting ingured while riding a suzuki gsx in a parking lot. another idiot

Archived