IGNORED

AGV helmet question

Ron-M

Does anyone have an AGV helmet?  I am wondering about the strength of the visor attachments.  I like to ride with my visor open.  Obviously wearing glasses.  I have had helmets that have a weak mechanism, which would not allow the visor to stay open at higher speeds.  I have also had helmets with a strong mechanism, my current Shoei helmet as an example, that allows the shied to stay open at any speed.  I am looking at the AGV Sport Modular Dark Refractive as my next helmet, but I am curious about the visor mechanism and its strength or weakness.   Thank you in advance.  

FY I- Did some research on this helmet and decided to purchase a Shoei Neotec 2 instead.  

• Like 1

I've had Shoeis for decades now (used to wear Arais before), and no way I'd leave the visor fully open at highway speeds; it'd break for sure. It's NOT designed for that. Maybe with a big windscreen, but on a fully naked bike like mine, no way. You're supposed to only open it to the first 'click', to defog the screen. I wear the GT Air (have 2). And due to its sun shield, it has the same certification of the Neotec (not the top SNELL one).