IGNORED

Speed limit displaying oddly

bimmers

2021 1250RT 

the speed limit icon on let in the Tft display has started to show erroneous numbers , 32, 88, 72 , 96 and as I am typing these numbers I realize they are our correct speed limits as posted BUT shown as km/h ie metric. How would this have happened as the bike has not been reprogrammed, updated, or anything else it just has changed on its own.

so now I have to go and see if there is a conversion option (like on my X5 where I can see both mph and km/h) 

So I realize now what it is and while I wait for all of yours valuable answers I will go and check both manual and settings on bike.

H

ps next week bike goes in  to dealer for checking why keyFOB batteries wear out so fast. 

Rinkydink
41 minutes ago, bimmers said:

ps next week bike goes in  to dealer for checking why keyFOB batteries wear out so fast. 

If you store your fob close to your bike it is communicating constantly and running fob battery down OR you got a batch of crappy batteries. It happens. 

By the way, if you use a iPhone to access the BMW Conneted App, the speed limit will display on the TFT in km/h until the next app update. But the TFT will display your actual speed in miles per hour. I don’t know what state you live in, but nowhere in Florida is a section of road with a 115 mph speed limit, except maybe the Daytona Speedway. 🤣
If you use an Android phone your speed limit will display in mph. 

konacyclist

I just received an update to the BMW Connected app that corrects the speed display issue.