IGNORED

2007 RT No Start

PT Matt

I have Bernie and dduelin's old bike, the Double Silver. My friend Mike got it from Dave. It ran fine 6 or so months ago when Mike parked it. Now it doesn't. 

New battery. Just changed plugs today with NGK DCPR8NKC. Cleaned the side stand switch well today. Met with Bernie last night, got a new ignition switch antenna from him to test out. When I hooked that up got the big EWC letters smack in the middle of the display, and no crank at all.

Bike cranks until the battery will run down, no attempt of firing. Pulled top plugs on either side one at a time and installed them in connected coils to see if they are showing spark, both sides are not. Bernie suggested listening with the fuel cap open when initially turning key to hear fuel pump, hear nothing. Can easily hear the fuel pump on my FZ1 at key turn.

Hooked up a GS911, here are the images from tonight. 

Already have a new fuel pump, but was waiting to see a spark before I get around to installing it. 

Any suggestions?

20240127_213329.jpg

dirtrider

Morning   By PT Matt

It's painful trying to look at all those separate pages then make sense of things.   Especially with just key-ON data.

Next time, set the GS-911 up to trap data then send me the data in Excel form or as a .CSV file.

In any case clear all faults, then do a new key on, then crank the engine for a few seconds, THEN look for faults again. Post and/or PM me all the faults that it then shows.

When it comes to finding engine starting issues using the GS-911 it works much better as a dynamic diagnostic tool than a static display value generator.

Set eh GS-911 up to look at real time data then with key ON look at things like throttle opening & closing,  kill switch on & off, clutch lever pulled in & out, side stand up/down, etc.

Also try to trap some data while cranking the engine.

When you first turn the key to on  is there any dash indication like ( EWS ) ?

dirtrider

More,

What works best, so we can compare "all data" at the same trapping points & at the same point in time is to put the data into Excel or .CSV form.

You then the get data like below to look at & compare all the factors (against each other) at the same time.

Current faults can also be sort-of used (IF) the fault preventing engine starting is a fault that is read & shown by the GS-911. 

The below is what you really need to be able to look at the entire fueling control system inputs/outputs compared to each other at a matching points in time. (the below is just a partial snippet (in both width & length) as the actual data is much larger in width columns & length columns. (basically it shows a LOT  at the same time. 

Excel data page.jpg

dirtrider
21 minutes ago, PT Matt said:

Thanks. I'll try the data capture this afternoon while cranking.

Morning   By PT Matt

If you do capture a good .CSV data event PM (Personal Message) it to me as it is much easier for me to convert then open a .CSV from my PM than get it off of a web page. 

Your Excel program might not open the data in a usable form on your device as most .CSV files look crazy until imported in a very certain way. I have had a number of GS-911 trapped data events sent to me & so far I have managed to open all in a usable (readable) format.

Just attach the Excel or .CSV to a PM then send it. 

• Like 1