IGNORED

Gone and done it.

DavidR8

Colour me excited!
Just bought a 2013 RT!
Looked at it back in July but it needed rear drive seals replaced. Didn’t feel like the right time. 
Stopped by the dealer today because it was raining buckets and I needed a pick me up. 
Lo and behold it was still there. 
Had the 90,000 km service done, rear drive service, brakes and all fluids changed. 
Sorry for the lousy picture.
IMG_0943.thumb.jpeg.6931c2356100321bfb3730e5fa710f40.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Plus 1 1
DakarTimm

Absolutely nothing to be sorry for. Congradulations .. now if only spring was here .

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DakarTimm said:

Absolutely nothing to be sorry for. Congradulations .. now if only spring was here .

Fortunately for me I live on Vancouver Island so it's actually ok riding weather though I'm not keen on the buckets of rain.

Here's the pic from when I first saw it back in July.

2013_R1200RT.thumb.jpeg.4f0aeff99c38cf67a349ed9dd245ce09.jpeg

Congrats!   Photos proved that it happened.   

Have fun riding that good looking RT.

• Like 1
Old School

Congratulations! Even as a first time / new RT owner myself, I can confidently say that you will love it.

bruce2000ltc
14 hours ago, DavidR8 said:

Fortunately for me I live on Vancouver Island so it's actually ok riding weather though I'm not keen on the buckets of rain.

Here's the pic from when I first saw it back in July.

2013_R1200RT.thumb.jpeg.4f0aeff99c38cf67a349ed9dd245ce09.jpeg

Looks like you got a good one.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed my '13RT!

BTW, you live in a beautiful area.  I took a ferry from Seattle to Victoria then rode to Port Hardy to catch the ferry to Prince Rupert on my way to Hyder, Alaska in '05.

• Like 1
duckhawk64

81 R80RT, 02 R1150RT, 14 R1200RT,

19 R1250RT.  I only own the 19 now, but have really enjoyed the progression of these bikes. Enjoy your RT.

3 hours ago, bruce2000ltc said:

Looks like you got a good one.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed my '13RT!

BTW, you live in a beautiful area.  I took a ferry from Seattle to Victoria then rode to Port Hardy to catch the ferry to Prince Rupert on my way to Hyder, Alaska in '05.

That would have been an awesome trip!

3 hours ago, dduelin said:

Congratulations on your new motorcycle. Waiting for a while turned out to be a good thing.

Indeed. I’m very happy that I waited!

• 1 month later...
FuzzyRider

If you add the little wind screen on top of the current one it will reduce buffeting to almost nothing. Make sure it is adjustable

• Like 1
DavidR8
1 hour ago, FuzzyRider said:

If you add the little wind screen on top of the current one it will reduce buffeting to almost nothing. Make sure it is adjustable

Do you have a link to what you are referring to?

DavidR8
1 hour ago, SDCRJohn said:

Beautiful RT. That blue is one the best colors on that bike.

I think so too. It was the year and colour that I wanted. Couldn’t be happier!

terryofperry
7 hours ago, DavidR8 said:

Do you have a link to what you are referring to?

Google "motorcycle windscreen spoiler". You will get a lot of hits. The MRA X Ceen is a good one but pricey. I have that on my GSA. I also have the less expensive, around $40, knock off on my RS. It works just as well. I use the clamp on models,  didn't want to drill my screen. Both of mine are the larger models, not the small ones.They work great. Good luck. 

Terry 

• Like 1
rockitcity

I have had the "MRA X-Creen" on a previous bike (Suzuki Bandit) but never felt I needed it on my '13 RT.  I've been able to find the sweet spot just below eye-level on the windscreen that gives me a smooth air pocket. See if it works for you as-is before you get into farkleing. Enjoy your new ride! 

• Like 1
FuzzyRider

That's what I meant the '"motorcycle windscreen spoiler'. I got my 2013 about 9 months ago and it came with one. I took it off once and really like the smooth air flow when the screen was down but really hated the buffeting I got at interstate speeds. Mine is adjustable both vertically and horizontally and after working with it a bit finally found the sweet spot.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FuzzyRider said:

after working with it a bit finally found the sweet spot

Then on the next trip you get a mean cross wind and the entire effect is ruined. Ask me how I know...

FuzzyRider

Can't really do anything about a cross wind but endure it and hope the road direction changes...Wind protection is a curious thing. My first BMW R was an R1000 RT which had a fixed windscreen. I don't remember ever having been subject to any buffeting on that bike. However, I believe the screen was fixed in a high position and had an optically difficult curve on the sides. I also had a 2021 Honda Goldwing. On that bike if you got within 50 yards of a semi you were in for a rough time with the bike moving all over the place. I got rid of that bike because I foolishly got the automatic transmission and the lack of a clutch caused a lot of problems at low speed. (I have two artificial hips and don't feel like I can safely ride unless I put both feet down at a stop. That meant that any movement of the right hand while trying to stop could lead to disaster.) Perfection is hard to find...

6 hours ago, FuzzyRider said:

Wind protection is a curious thing.

Ain't that the truth...

• Plus 1 1