IGNORED

Winter blend?

Hadabadachada

Hadabadachada

Gas mileage.

So on my 2013 R1200R I usually get mid to upper 30s, sometimes better. Over the last few months I’ve been getting consistently in the low 30s with a mid sprinkled in once in awhile.

I ride the same more or less, doing the same things week in week out. I’ve had my eye on it for awhile now. 

so I’ve been thinking maybe it’s this “winter blend” gas people talk about. My buddy said the same thing, that they change the blend in the winter months. I figured how, we are in Miami, why would they change our blend. But he says that there are only a few producers, that make everything??
I don’t know, I haven’t looked into it hard enough. 

But, I kinda believe it because of my mileage shift. 

anyone know any facts behind this stuff?

ESokoloff

I was going to suggest colder air themps (ie air density) causing reduced mileage until I read Miami. 
Here in SoCal we used to get oxygenated gas during winter months only but that changed to year round quite some time ago. 

Hadabadachada

Hmmmm, I mean I guess it has gone from upper mid to upper 80s + to mid to upper 70s over the last month or so. 

maybe that’s it, the slightly cooler temps

i try to ask around and search around, but I guess it doesn’t matter to many people, they just don’t keep track. No one I ask has any idea if their economy has gone down. 

im living in the wrong time.

ESokoloff
1 hour ago, Hadabadachada said:

I figured how, we are in Miami, why would they change our blend.

According to THIS, you do have Summer/Winter blends.