IGNORED

2024 CVO Pan America

TEWKS

IDK, Slinging Bling in the mud makes little sense to me but I guess it's not all that different than riding a $28,000 dollar BMW GS in the dirt. :dontknow: Classic HD racing colors is good but, I'm scratching my head (dandruff) thinking it looks like a Carachure of itself in this CVO trim. More Pics and words here.  

Now I've never ridden the Pan so my talking points are from the sideline only, and ya pretty much meaningless. :read:

image.thumb.png.1ef0f7106b42b4f8a0feab4115afc757.png

The Pan In Action

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

See, I told you it would be pretty!

I mean, who would gussie up an off roader anyway, that's just silly...

dims.jpeg.cf9a688d0b6d93e39fe925ce00ecb183.jpeg

1266_bmw_r80gs_p-d_hbjh-jpg.thumb.jpg.278270c228aa4e1cf26aef7fa36a05cb.jpg

• Plus 1 1

Ya, for like $2,250 bucks you could add these stylish indestructible valve covers onto the GS! :yes: BMW, YOU’RE guilty of slinging the bling too! :old: :spittake:

• Thinking 1

Harley colors,.....here's what I see

5bd9b86248eb1252f0529a62-3791775006.png.db877178bf1a7cb03bdcffafa18d4d2d.png

The candy you threw away at Halloween

e58d9f8cb59f32abfca1a0e5013a219a-3222518011.jpg

• Like 1
On 1/25/2024 at 8:44 PM, TEWKS said:

IDK, Slinging Bling in the mud makes little sense to me but I guess it's not all that different than riding a $28,000 dollar BMW GS in the dirt. :dontknow: Classic HD racing colors is good but, I'm scratching my head (dandruff) thinking it looks like a Carachure of itself in this CVO trim. More Pics and words here.  

Now I've never ridden the Pan so my talking points are from the sideline only, and ya pretty much meaningless. :read:

image.thumb.png.1ef0f7106b42b4f8a0feab4115afc757.png

The Pan In Action

I like the looks better than ANY of the previous Pan American colors. And honestly I thought it would have cost more as it's priced like a GS or Multistrada.  And I do like the hydraulic valves.  If I could not own a GS the Pan American (along with multistrada) would be on my short list.  I did demo ride the Pan Am a couple years back at Overland Expo and it was fine.  No real issues and pretty comfortable.  But I just thought the GS was more refined.  But that was 2 years ago and I am sure they Pan Am. has had some revisions.  And hey ... you can't not like 700 dealers when crossing the USA. 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

This guy rides his Pan right into the ground! Actually he’s a very good rider.

10 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

This guy rides his Pan right into the ground! Actually he’s a very good rider.

Yeah ,... that's what I'd be doing with a 600+ pound $25,000 bike.  NOT !! 

:4317:

• Plus 1 1
30 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Yeah ,... that's what I'd be doing with a 600+ pound $25,000 bike.  NOT !

Plenty of videos of guys doing the same thing on GS's, and they don't give those things away either.

4 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Plenty of videos of guys doing the same thing on GS's, and they don't give those things away either.

Yup !!  Pretty much applies to ANY heavyweight adventure bike.  I guess they just have a lot more money than me.  

But fun to watch!   And I am amazed as his coolant is leaking out of his crashed bike he does a review / recap of his ownership.  I would not be that cool, calm and collected. 

• Plus 1 1
17 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

And I am amazed as his coolant is leaking out of his crashed bike he does a review / recap of his ownership.  I would not be that cool, calm and collected.

I've kind of gotten to that point in my life. Make some bad decisions that leads to damage, I just stand back and say, well that was dumb. Jumping around and swearing doesn't help much, it turns out! Maybe a little swearing.

Catch me 30 years ago, probably a full on tantrum.

Oh yeah .... aging does that to you.  I agree I no longer get that upset as what is done is done.  But his calm was a bit over the top. 

At this point in my life I pretty much say Oh Crap!  How dumb was I .... not move on and get it fixed.   I just don't stop to take photos of my mistakes but focus on getting things right again. 

1 hour ago, RTinNC said:

Yup !!  Pretty much applies to ANY heavyweight adventure bike.  I guess they just have a lot more money than me.  

But fun to watch!   And I am amazed as his coolant is leaking out of his crashed bike he does a review / recap of his ownership.  I would not be that cool, calm and collected. 

Yeah, not sure how deep he was off road at that point but, I’d of fired it up and rode out to a pick up zone before losing all the coolant. Eyeing the temp gauge of course.

1 hour ago, RTinNC said:

I just don't stop to take photos of my mistakes 

You're not making videos for likes though! 

25 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

You're not making videos for likes though! 

That's for sure!  And as Sully stated over and over "not now, not ever" :thumbsup:

• Like 1