IGNORED

Bluetooth

Old School

Old School

Does anyone know if it's possible to pair an android phone with the bike's (2012 R1200RT) Bluetooth? The audio manual shows a procedure for pairing with Bluetooth intercoms but does not mention cell phones. When I tried that procedure , my phone did not recognize / see the bike.

3 hours ago, Old School said:

When I tried that procedure , my phone did not recognize / see the bike.

Probably because the BT version on that bike is so old, the new systems just ignore it. If memory serves, those RTs had an auxiliary input (physical) to use but not the current functionality over BT.

Old School

Yes, I've been using an external Bluetooth device for connecting my phone for music. 

On 1/8/2024 at 11:58 AM, Old School said:

The Bluetooth on the 2012 will not pair up with an external device. BMW has a proprietary setup that works with the intercom system on Schuberth helmets. I have a 2012. I don't know what other years are also setup this way. You can hook up an external Bluetooth dongle to the 3.5mm plug and run Bluetooth that way. This setup will only work with your phone. The onboard radio and other interface features like GPS, auxiliary access from a stick and volume control are still non functional.  It takes some playing around with a dongle and mode select to feed it through. I've done it.  So I know it works.