IGNORED

In Tank Fuel Strainer

Redfoxx

I have different parts of this in other threads.  It was 34 F out so I pulled my tank to finish a few in tank projects. 

All the hoses, except low pressure vent hoses have been replaced.

Fuel filter was changed a couple months ago.

Strainer was changed today. I am guessing my original was not black when new.

IMG_5294.jpg

it's hard to tell from the picture, but looks like it might have been coloured black from the beginning to me. my stock one from 1995 was yellowed, and recently replaced with aftermarket which was green. 

you may also want to replace those low pressure vent hoses. they can crack and deposit the contents of the fuel tank on the ground. after almost 30 years, they're due. 

Screenshot_20240129-164535.png

Screenshot_20240129-164602.png

5 hours ago, dmsantam said:

it's hard to tell from the picture, but looks like it might have been coloured black from the beginning to me. my stock one from 1995 was yellowed, and recently replaced with aftermarket which was green. 

you may also want to replace those low pressure vent hoses. they can crack and deposit the contents of the fuel tank on the ground. after almost 30 years, they're due. 

Screenshot_20240129-164535.png

Screenshot_20240129-164602.png

DMSantam

I had charcoal in my tank. I removed charcoal system, replaced all high pressure rubber fuel lines. and waiting for low pressure vent lines to come. Replaced strainer, fuel filter (black inside). Reopened cap drain line, rust at top and bottom fittings.  I will be replacing injector strainers once the weather warms. Throttle bodies synced once but will check again when everything back together. 

• Like 1