IGNORED

Handlebar Mounted Phone Holder Recommendation

ESokoloff

ESokoloff

A few years ago when a deer declined to commit suicide in front of me, I obliged & rode through the debris field. 

Fortunately it was a young buck & my speed was down so I was able to keep upright. 
When I assessed my sitting I found that I was mostly ok but my phone had decided to leave its mount. 
Another stroke of good fortune was when I circled back I found my phone in the middle of the road in good condition. 
Heres the mount…

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/techmount-techgripper-handlebar-mount-kit

When the iPhone 15 came out with auto 911 summons my wife insisted I give up my trusty 10 for the 15. 
Fast forward to today on the way home in pouring rain when I happened to look down at my phone & it was going nuts!!!
Apparently the phone had slipped down in the side pinching mount & managed to double press two opposing side buttons thus initiating Auto 911 summons (a selectable feature). 
Anyway, two strikes & it’s out. 

Anyone have a handlebar mounted holder that’s easy to operate, sturdy, & won’t pinch the side buttons?

I don’t need vibration resistance as it’s for my Zero DSR (electric so no ICE shake). 

TIA

Whenever talk of mounting phones externally on the bike comes up, the question that always comes to mind, Does the phone get damaged in the rain? 

szurszewski

Tens of thousands of miles with the Ram X grip, but I never liked the way it would rotate a bit, and it was not one hand usable. Switched to a Perfect Squeeze five or so years ago, and currently use the wireless charging version of that. No complaints at all. It does grip the phone from the sides, but you can adjust where the post locations to fit around your buttons if needed (it will NOT slip if properly set up). Not cheap, but none of the good ones are. Perfect Squeeze is made in usa and minimal plastic if either is important to you. 

https://hondogarage.com/

16 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Whenever talk of mounting phones externally on the bike comes up, the question that always comes to mind, Does the phone get damaged in the rain? 

Not if the phone is waterproof (most of the big name ones are now). I would avoid having the phone plugged in while riding in the rain, but I have no trouble with my iPhone (12) on the wireless charger all day. The capacitive screen is pretty useless if there is water on it though, as far as a touch interface. 

If I was going to buy one it would be the Quad Lock. I was impressed how well the phone stayed with the bike when an unnamed rider went down with a high side that slammed the handlebars to the pavement. The cop that came to the scene was even shocked that the phone was still attached to the bike.

ESokoloff

I’ve ordered the Ram Quick Lock. 
The Quad lock looked promising but wouldn’t want buy sight unseen due to the proprietary case. 
The X-Grip looks too spindley. 

Thx all.