IGNORED

Attendance List and Other Event Details

MikeB60

Deadline for the hotel discount is 8 June 2024! Deadline for the meals is 26 June!

This thread will have the updated registration list and other details related to the 2024 UnRally.

Updated attendance list as of 8 July!

Attendees8July.jpg.a51f6c3b288f6461955c0dabfbe3e287.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Limecreek

Our plans for the extended July trip have changed and we will not be attending. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dennis Andress featured this topic
  • Dennis Andress pinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

hey looks to be 41 right now, hopefully we get 9 more for a nice round 50  

• Like 2

quick question, I am trailering, Ram 2500, with 16' open trailer.  Last year there was specific parking (by the host location) for trailer parking.  I remember the South Dakota event the host motel also had specific location for our trailer storage for the week.

will there be speciific trailer storage location?  will we need to get any special "sticker" etc. to put on the trailer?

Just starting to make plans and this has come up at other events, so thought I would ask.

thanks

MikeB60
32 minutes ago, randy said:

quick question, I am trailering, Ram 2500, with 16' open trailer.  Last year there was specific parking (by the host location) for trailer parking.  I remember the South Dakota event the host motel also had specific location for our trailer storage for the week.

will there be speciific trailer storage location?  will we need to get any special "sticker" etc. to put on the trailer?

Just starting to make plans and this has come up at other events, so thought I would ask.

thanks

Randy, Good question! I planned to do a physical recon of the hotel last week but got sent out of town. I'm heading over a week from Wednesday and will have a answer after the visit. Looking at the satellite view of the hotel I don't think trailer parking is an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was looking at the google map satellite view, and just wondering, we have about 50 people coming, say 20 have a vehicle and trailer, and 30 come in using motorcycle.  Again assuming trailer and tow vehicle have to be separated, and of course the 20 unloaded motorcycles we are talking about taking up around 70-80 spaces.  That was the reason for my question.  I noticed the school has a lot of parking and maybe we could all park our trailer and tow vehicles there.  Just let me know, thanks

Good question, really. Was wondering the same thing.

Everyone coming with a trailer, and I know I am, is going to need 2.5 parking spaces total...well, maybe 2, bike + trailer should fit on one space.

Bernie

I will be riding. :bike::4315:

This motel hold a few bike events every year. I am sure they have a system that will work for BMW bikes also.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bernie said:

I will be riding. :bike::4315:

This motel hold a few bike events every year. I am sure they have a system that will work for BMW bikes also.

Bernie, I am sure you are correct, I was just curious, to me (just my right brain working) it did not look like there was a more "secluded" area for trailers and tow vehicles, so I was just asking.

• Like 1
Skywagon

If there has been a Harley event....there is plenty of room for trailers...Sorry Hostage...you know I'm a fan.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dennis Andress featured this topic
Brainfry

I see I missed the hotel discount. What was the price anyway?

Still considering going. Thanks!

• Like 1
BerettaRacer
51 minutes ago, Brainfry said:

I see I missed the hotel discount. What was the price anyway?

Still considering going. Thanks!

I only booked a cpl days ago and I got a discount.

• Like 2
Skywagon

I talked to them a couple of times about questions I had. They are really nice people and I suspect if you ask they will give you a discount. 

• Like 3
Brainfry

Just booked. Got the group rate. 

If anyone's leaving from the Minneapolis area, lemme know.

See you all soon!

Ben

• Like 2
MikeB60
41 minutes ago, Brainfry said:

Just booked. Got the group rate. 

If anyone's leaving from the Minneapolis area, lemme know.

See you all soon!

Ben

Ben, Got your registration form, glad you can join us!

• Like 2
Dave_in_TX

Is there a rally schedule posted somewhere? I've searched the Unrally threads and could not find it.

Dave_in_TX
12 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

Is there a rally schedule posted somewhere? I've searched the Unrally threads and could not find it.

Found it

Skywagon

I will be leaving Houston next Sunday between 5:30 and 6:00 am. I will be taking Hwy 59 most of the way. I'll probably do ~ 200 mile legs and stop for gas and water.  See you folks next week for my first UN. 

• Like 4
scout6

Susan and I just cancelled our room.  She had a mishap this morning and broke her ulna.  We will not be attending.:27:

• Sad 4
Skywagon

Argh...Beryl has taken a turn to the North.  Predictions are now forecast between Corpus Christi and Rockport for landfall with wind and rain in Houston on Tuesday.  Guess what.....that is where my things/property are located.  I'm still ok if it comes ashore under 100mph as that has been tested and passed before.  If for some reason this thing intensifies to 130+....I'll have to back away from the UN and begin a recovery scenario.  Right now...I'm planning on heading to Arkansas, but the next 24 hours will tell the tale of go/nogo.  I'm going to be so pissed if I don't leave for fun and am left with a FEMA nightmare....ARGH.

I will most likely retrieve the boat on Saturday moving it somewhere North of where it is docked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
RandyShields
15 hours ago, scout6 said:

She had a mishap this morning and broke her ulna.

Sorry to hear about Susan's fracture.  I guess better at home vs. on the road.  We'll miss you both.

• Like 1
Dave_in_TX
On 6/22/2024 at 12:26 PM, BerettaRacer said:

I only booked a cpl days ago and I got a discount.

Is the discount code posted somewhere? I made reservations prior to it being available. Thought I might see if they will still honor it.

MikeB60
45 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

Is the discount code posted somewhere? I made reservations prior to it being available. Thought I might see if they will still honor it.

Dave, it was in the registration email. Check your PMs as well.

• Like 1
Skywagon

Just made it to my room. Long day. Going to shower and go to the restaurant for dinner. If anybody wants to join let. No particular tim, but understand they close at 8

• Like 2
Skywagon

Today ends my first UN. A special thanks to Randy, Andy, Kathyryn, and Tommy from the Atlanta group for taking on a newcomer and marshaling me around the various routes. 
Bernies routes were well thought out and the cheat sheet was especially helpful. Thanks Bernie. 

A very big thanks to Mike and wife for the thankless task of organizing the event, planning the get together, and the dinner. 

Sadly tomorrow about 5am I will depart this beautiful area and new friends for the 10 hour ride to heat and flatlands of Houston. 

Dennis already working on the next UN. 

It was a great trip. To all.. safe travels to you as you depart over the next few days. What a cast of characters. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Dave_in_TX
6 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Today ends my first UN. A special thanks to Randy, Andy, Kathyryn, and Tommy from the Atlanta group for taking on a newcomer and marshaling me around the various routes. 
Bernies routes were well thought out and the cheat sheet was especially helpful. Thanks Bernie. 

A very big thanks to Mike and wife for the thankless task of organizing the event, planning the get together, and the dinner. 

Sadly tomorrow about 5am I will depart this beautiful area and new friends for the 10 hour ride to heat and flatlands of Houston. 

Dennis already working on the next UN. 

It was a great trip. To all.. safe travels to you as you depart over the next few days. What a cast of characters. 

Be careful. Sunrise here isn't until about 6am.

John Ranalletta

Just for grins, I prompted Chatgpt:  CREATE a motorcycle route starting and ending in eureka springs, arkansas 250 in length using only state routes and including those roads with the most curves and elevations changes in Garmin Basecamp format.

No threat to @Bernie for sure!

Route Overview

• Total Distance: Approximately 250 miles
  • Starting/Ending Point: Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Detailed Directions

1. Start in Eureka Springs, AR.
  2. Take AR-23 South (also known as the Pig Trail Scenic Byway) towards Ozark. This road is famous for its curves and beautiful scenery.
  3. Continue on AR-23 South until you reach AR-16.
  4. Turn right onto AR-16 West and follow it through the Ozark National Forest.
  5. At Fallsville, turn left onto AR-21 South. This road will take you through more forested areas with plenty of curves.
  6. Follow AR-21 South until you reach AR-74.
  7. Turn left onto AR-74 East. This route takes you through the Buffalo National River area, offering stunning views and elevation changes.
  8. Continue on AR-74 East until you reach Jasper, AR.
  9. In Jasper, turn left onto AR-7 North. This road is renowned for its scenic overlooks and winding paths.
  10. Follow AR-7 North through the Ozark Mountains until you reach Harrison, AR.
  11. In Harrison, take AR-43 North towards Compton, AR. This road offers more challenging curves and elevation changes.
  12. From Compton, continue on AR-43 North until you reach Ponca, AR.
  13. In Ponca, take AR-74 West back towards Huntsville, AR.
  14. From Huntsville, take AR-23 North back to Eureka Springs, AR.

image.thumb.png.43fcb150f488dd9d7de0eb3587887f63.png

It also created this code but I couldn't get it into gpx format for importing.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gpx version="1.1" creator="ChatGPT">
  <metadata>
    <name>Eureka Springs Motorcycle Route</name>
    <desc>A scenic motorcycle route starting and ending in Eureka Springs, AR, approximately 250 miles in length.</desc>
  </metadata>
  <wpt lat="36.4011825" lon="-93.7402961">
    <name>Eureka Springs</name>
  </wpt>
  <rte>
    <name>Eureka Springs to Eureka Springs</name>
    <rtept lat="36.4011825" lon="-93.7402961">
      <name>Start - Eureka Springs</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.964466" lon="-93.776300">
      <name>AR-23 South</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.863011" lon="-93.634039">
      <name>Continue on AR-23 South</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.789964" lon="-93.556247">
      <name>Turn right onto AR-16 West</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.857268" lon="-93.370501">
      <name>Turn left onto AR-21 South</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.975319" lon="-93.186707">
      <name>Turn left onto AR-74 East</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.008041" lon="-93.184028">
      <name>Continue on AR-74 East</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.025344" lon="-93.187813">
      <name>Turn left onto AR-7 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.215948" lon="-93.113898">
      <name>Continue on AR-7 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.368832" lon="-93.109711">
      <name>Take AR-43 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.399182" lon="-93.422355">
      <name>Continue on AR-43 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.020531" lon="-93.383527">
      <name>Take AR-74 West</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.106747" lon="-93.564466">
      <name>Take AR-23 North</name>
    </rtept>
      <name>End - Eureka Springs</name>
    </rtept>
  </rte>
</gpx>

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
22 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Just for grins, I prompted Chatgpt:  CREATE a motorcycle route starting and ending in eureka springs, arkansas 250 in length using only state routes and including those roads with the most curves and elevations changes in Garmin Basecamp format.

No threat to @Bernie for sure!

Route Overview

• Total Distance: Approximately 250 miles
  • Starting/Ending Point: Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Detailed Directions

1. Start in Eureka Springs, AR.
  2. Take AR-23 South (also known as the Pig Trail Scenic Byway) towards Ozark. This road is famous for its curves and beautiful scenery.
  3. Continue on AR-23 South until you reach AR-16.
  4. Turn right onto AR-16 West and follow it through the Ozark National Forest.
  5. At Fallsville, turn left onto AR-21 South. This road will take you through more forested areas with plenty of curves.
  6. Follow AR-21 South until you reach AR-74.
  7. Turn left onto AR-74 East. This route takes you through the Buffalo National River area, offering stunning views and elevation changes.
  8. Continue on AR-74 East until you reach Jasper, AR.
  9. In Jasper, turn left onto AR-7 North. This road is renowned for its scenic overlooks and winding paths.
  10. Follow AR-7 North through the Ozark Mountains until you reach Harrison, AR.
  11. In Harrison, take AR-43 North towards Compton, AR. This road offers more challenging curves and elevation changes.
  12. From Compton, continue on AR-43 North until you reach Ponca, AR.
  13. In Ponca, take AR-74 West back towards Huntsville, AR.
  14. From Huntsville, take AR-23 North back to Eureka Springs, AR.

image.thumb.png.43fcb150f488dd9d7de0eb3587887f63.png

It also created this code but I couldn't get it into gpx format for importing.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gpx version="1.1" creator="ChatGPT">
  <metadata>
    <name>Eureka Springs Motorcycle Route</name>
    <desc>A scenic motorcycle route starting and ending in Eureka Springs, AR, approximately 250 miles in length.</desc>
  </metadata>
  <wpt lat="36.4011825" lon="-93.7402961">
    <name>Eureka Springs</name>
  </wpt>
  <rte>
    <name>Eureka Springs to Eureka Springs</name>
      <name>Start - Eureka Springs</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.964466" lon="-93.776300">
      <name>AR-23 South</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.863011" lon="-93.634039">
      <name>Continue on AR-23 South</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.789964" lon="-93.556247">
      <name>Turn right onto AR-16 West</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.857268" lon="-93.370501">
      <name>Turn left onto AR-21 South</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="35.975319" lon="-93.186707">
      <name>Turn left onto AR-74 East</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.008041" lon="-93.184028">
      <name>Continue on AR-74 East</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.025344" lon="-93.187813">
      <name>Turn left onto AR-7 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.215948" lon="-93.113898">
      <name>Continue on AR-7 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.368832" lon="-93.109711">
      <name>Take AR-43 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.399182" lon="-93.422355">
      <name>Continue on AR-43 North</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.020531" lon="-93.383527">
      <name>Take AR-74 West</name>
    </rtept>
    <rtept lat="36.106747" lon="-93.564466">
      <name>Take AR-23 North</name>
    </rtept>
      <name>End - Eureka Springs</name>
    </rtept>
  </rte>
</gpx>

Dammed, my secret has been exposed! :4317::3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
taylor1

And here I thought you just hung a paper map of the area on the wall and threw darts at it    :5147:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

And here I thought you just hung a paper map of the area on the wall and threw darts at it    :5147:

Well that is the method I use to shorten the routes.

As you can tell from the routes, I’m not any good with the darts.

:4607::3:

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 2
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic

You can copy/paste that .xml code into an empty .txt file using Notepad (or some other basic text editor). Just use 'Save As' into a .txt format but give it the .gpx suffix.. It actually works. I was able to import the route into a program I use called ITN Converter and generate the route. Didn't look the same as above however. And it's missing all the good coffee shops! So I guess Bernie, your job is still safe for now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1