IGNORED

Corbin fitment issue on 2022 1250RT

mophead

I am hearing Corbin has some fitment issues if your bike has the radio module installed.  Corbin builds a one piece seat versus the stock two piece.  Anyone have a Corbin on a 21 or 22 R1250RT and can confirm or deny fitment issues?

I don't have a Corbin seat, but I do have a '21 RT. If they do a single piece seat, how do they solve the fixing to the bike problem?

The pillion seat on the newest RTs  bolts to the bike, than the rider seat locks to the pillion seat and covers those bolts. The pillion seat has a latch operated by the bike's key to release the rider seat again.

I emailed Corbin about the fitment issues and here is their response that I got back the same day.  I appreciate the honesty about the fitment issue and their plan to get a late model bike in to address the fit.  Anyone near Hollister with a 23/24 (maybe late production 22 1/2) they can use to address the fitment?  According to their website you get a free seat for using your bike as a model.

BMW Has changed some electronics on the 22 1/2 year and later model. I do believe it is the amp system is lager and currently causes interference with installation on our saddles. We are hoping to get a later model in R&D so we can adjust our current mold

If you have the radio module installed there may be an issue:

PXL_20220713_174207134.thumb.jpg.f51aa86a2732c0c95e8a11b815ae9448.jpg

Then you'll need a crazy amount of washers for the rear to lock in.

PXL_20220713_174222359.thumb.jpg.2086cf7c4609699e87d1763113ca1758.jpg

A noticeable gap in the rear seat, VERY UNACCEPTABLE IMO:

PXL_20220713_174406506.thumb.jpg.bec209ac2e6b33679204656dd5ea897b.jpg

The above was from a member on the www.bmwlt.com forum.

My '21 does not have the radio module however, it STILL needed some washers for the seat to click in and off in an acceptable manner.  There is a small gap at the rear seat but not at all noticeable so I'm okay with it... otherwise I would have returned the seat.

IMG_20220722_135944.jpg.e4a3d0fe2d1f8bef920d21c4138101ee.jpg

IMG_20220722_140032.jpg.1aafa78b7c5e4fe1c4618c5fa536b6f0.jpg

So the Corbin does not mount like the stock rear seat?  Doesn't slide under the tabs like the stocker?

And you don't have the radio module?

3 minutes ago, mophead said:

So the Corbin does not mount like the stock rear seat?  Doesn't slide under the tabs like the stocker?

And you don't have the radio module?

Correct on both accounts.

I always had fitment issues with Corbin, plus they were heavy as hell, so I don't consider them anymore. Anyway, what was shown above is a massive gap, so a pan modification is not going to cut it IMO. It most likely requires a brand new pan, to clear the new module. But as noted above, even without the module, the seat still has fit issues, similar to the ones I encountered, requiring modifications that resulted in sub-standard gaps, and/or other modifications needed as well (seat didn't lock, for instance). For what they cost, and the amount of time they've been in business, that is totally unacceptable IMO.