IGNORED

1150R stalls

DarwinNT

Hello All

I have a 1150R 2002 model that stalls on take off "some times".

If I use very little throttle it goes ok, but if I stop at traffic lights and take off with a bot of throttle,  it sometimes stalls.    

It will start straight away with out turning it on and off,  and all good till next time.

I have balanced the throttle bodies, idle and air mixture,  and checked the  voltage on the TPS (it seems ok), so now wondering if a sensor or something is causing the issues.

Thanks

Alan

dirtrider
2 hours ago, DarwinNT said:

Hello All

I have a 1150R 2002 model that stalls on take off "some times".

If I use very little throttle it goes ok, but if I stop at traffic lights and take off with a bot of throttle,  it sometimes stalls.    

It will start straight away with out turning it on and off,  and all good till next time.

I have balanced the throttle bodies, idle and air mixture,  and checked the  voltage on the TPS (it seems ok), so now wondering if a sensor or something is causing the issues.

Thanks

Alan

Morning Alan

Did you do a fresh TPS position re-learn?

If so & that didn't help then it could be a LOT of things, from an engine sensor issue, to low fuel pressure, to low fuel delivery, to other fueling issues.

Give us WAY more information on: 

Exactly when did the stalling problem start?

Was any work done to the motorcycle just prior to the stalling problem showing up?

Anything like an aftermarket fuel controller on that motorcycle? 

Does your motorcycle have the proper CCP in the fuse box?

Anything else done that you can think of done to or with that motorcycle?

You might also try disconnecting (unplugging) the o2 sensor then ride the motorcycle that way for a few days to see if that eliminates your stalling.

To Do a TPS re-learn--

(with choke OFF)

*Remove fuse #5 for about 3 minutes, then re-install the fuse.

Then

*Switch on the ignition. (do not start engine)

Then

*Without starting the engine, fully open & close the throttle twice so that the Fueling Computer can register the throttle-valve position.

Then

*Switch off the ignition.

That's it, that re-teaches the TPS where closed & open throttle is.