IGNORED

Fargo Wood Chipper Impersonation Contest and ART 2023 in review video teaser

Indy Dave

Indy Dave

In my best Jim Gaffigan voice . . . "So what's with all the Wood Chipper references" in the main START thread?

I think it began with the Midwestern/Indianapolis reference. Which took my wayward transom to one of our famous and long suffering BMWST members impersonation of Marg Gunderson in Fargo. Whelp - it was admittedly a long way around to work that reference into to some sort of relevancy, but here we are.

Can you guess who's doing the Marg Gunderson Minnesoooooda nice [voice] impersonation in the video? Bonus points for identifying the other audio references (the music selections and other movie quote). There will be prizes awarded.

• Like 1
Indy Dave

Hint: Our own "Rich Little", doing the famous Wood Chipper quote from the movie Fargo,is a regular at The Art's, and in the last few years chronicled at least one very impressive trip in Ride Tales.  :lurk:  The other audio bits in the video should not be too difficult. In fact, the closing melody in the video clip would be recognized immediately by said person, as he has extremely good taste in music. 

• 4 weeks later...
Indy Dave

Well . . .  I knew I threw a few curve balls in the START teaser video - and to be fair I had some off board "swings", but I guess I forgot what a wicked arm I have  :ohboy:.

So here now - the video again - but with video scenes revealed from the score, so this should help pave the way for some. EXCEPT - I ain't gonna do it all for you - YOU do have to come up with our own Rich Little - who is doing an impromptu Marg Gunderson Wood Chipper quote. :16:

He's a regular ART attender, and he documented his epic trip (that features the stunning Marg Gunderson quote) in the Ride Tales section.

I did mention Prizes, right? :19:

@TyTass @wbw6cos @TSConver @greiffster 

• Like 1
Indy Dave

Mmmm kay.... I'll  um.. START :ohboy: with the harder reference . . .  Which is a RUSH reference of course. That would be the ending guitar solo - from a Cover of Subdivisions, by Jacob Moon, taken from this video that was recorded in 2008 - and while not ground breaking in how he preforms the song - it wasn't common back then to play this way as it can be today. It's also worth noting the impressive is how he added to the already outstanding guitar solo to close out the song (starting at 4:32) - that was the part featured in the Teaser video.  

So . .  the questions are:

1.What's the first clip from - Artist and song (Guess who's back ) I threw in some still shots from the song video.

2. Name BMWST and ART attender is quoting Marge Gunderson from the movie FARGO " So is that your friend in the wood chipper then'?

3. Name the move that features the quote: "Dave?" ...  "NO Dave!" - movie clip is included

4. Identify the closing song - Jacob Moon - Subdivisions 

• 2 weeks later...
Indy Dave

:4617:Ok, Ok..... UNCLE ALREADY! :4617: 

I'll call TIME :5200: on the music, movie and BMWST Rider Tales quiz.

The music and movie references in the teaser video:

0. The "Guess who's back" . .  is from eminem Without Me

1. The Woodchipper and Marge (son of a) Gunderson were from the Coen Brother's original Fargo movie.
  2. The Ride Tale narrator who spontaneously invoked Marg Gunderson's famous Wood Chipper quote while sharing his epic trip from TN to Alaska can be discovered here: https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/topic/106842-alaska-2023/

* There's some great reading in this section! Have you thought about sharing YOUR rides? And here's a shout out to those that have shared their rides (bonus points for pictures and videos). And a HUGE SHOUT out to those who chronicle their adventure that lasts several days/weeks! As one who's done a few, it takes a some effort to keep the narration going. 

3. Jocob Moon's cover of Subdivisons by Rush. We have enough Rush fans here that I'm a little surprised this went under their   Rushdar   radar.

4. The Dave.... NO DAVE! reference. I'll only say it's from a recent Guy Ritchie film. If you're not familiar with his work, here's  short list of must watch (including the movie that has the quote in question) Like the author O. Henry and fellow movie producers The Coen Brothers, Ritchie weaves a good story :

• Snatch
  • RocknRolla
  • Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels
  • The Gentleman

Thanks for playing - No parting gifts, no consolation prizes, except for some good :shake: movie recommendations. :wave:

• Like 1