IGNORED

R1100RT right side fairing BBS hole but none on left

dmsantam

Good day all, I notice that on the right side fairing there is a hole for presumably accessing the BBS there, but none on the left hand side fairing. I thought it may have been to adjust the idle, but of what use is that right hand side one, if there is no access on the left to adjust that by the same amount?

cheers

dirtrider
13 hours ago, dmsantam said:

Good day all, I notice that on the right side fairing there is a hole for presumably accessing the BBS there, but none on the left hand side fairing. I thought it may have been to adjust the idle, but of what use is that right hand side one, if there is no access on the left to adjust that by the same amount?

cheers

Morning dmsantam

Not sure, that hole has been there since the original 1100 single cable system (so it was originally intended for the single cable TB system). The lower knee pad was also removable at one time to also gain a little access there but most of those have been glued in place to stop the darn things from rattling. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, dmsantam said:

cheers

Always wondered as well.

When I've had to do adjustments far from home, the left side LBBS can be accessed if you're real creative, by using a long flat blade screwdriver, a strong flashlight and some ingenuity in getting the rear part of the left Tupperware pulled from the frame. (FWIW)