IGNORED

90 degree stem seal photos of seal leak on 23 model

c10

My friends 2023 GS he bought new this summer . Millage 7,3xx and the front had a very slow leak since new . Unable to locate issue with tire or bead. I discovered the leak at the stem . After removal with no spare stem or seal a little gentle work I was able to clean up this seal , and get the leak resolved vs warranty , and sitting at dealer for a month . Going to order a new unit for his next set of tires .

The GS wheels were no issue to mount or balance, and this unit has never seen dirt lol .   

Would anyone know the seal alone replacement part ?  BMW list the entire 90 portion at around $65 dollars on max BMW 

GS valve stem leak 3.jpg

GS valve stem leak 2.jpg

GS valve stem seal leak.jpg

Davids 1st tire change.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 10:47 AM, c10 said:

My friends 2023 GS he bought new this summer . Millage 7,3xx and the front had a very slow leak since new . Unable to locate issue with tire or bead. I discovered the leak at the stem . After removal with no spare stem or seal a little gentle work I was able to clean up this seal , and get the leak resolved vs warranty , and sitting at dealer for a month . Going to order a new unit for his next set of tires .

The GS wheels were no issue to mount or balance, and this unit has never seen dirt lol .   

Would anyone know the seal alone replacement part ?  BMW list the entire 90 portion at around $65 dollars on max BMW 

GS valve stem leak 3.jpg

GS valve stem leak 2.jpg

I suspect you got it sorted.  If he wants it replaced it looks like you will need stem from BMW. I wouldn't worry about it if it dosent leak.  If it were my bike and the tire started leaking again I'd make an appointment with the dealer for the fix.  Our local dealer takes a series of photos of the bike with the owner present to address any issues resulting from maintenance. Good practice and if they don't do that I'd make the service writer watch me take photos if I was concerned about them damaging the bike.  Or, hell it's a GS, a scratch or two adds character!

That character should be a result of the rider enjoying their GS, not from anybody else.   Just sayin'

On 1/6/2024 at 10:47 AM, c10 said:

GS valve stem leak 3.jpg

GS valve stem leak 2.jpg

Ok, I am 100% envious of that garage  :-)

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1

So it has not leaked anymore according to David.   I do enjoy my little garage . Gym on the other side .   Customer included in photo lol 1st valve check a few months earlier . 20231001_104346.thumb.jpg.bc37a07bf3ecd59260f6b7e9422c10a2.jpg