IGNORED

DV/ BEATTY JANUARY 2024

mrduck

Death Valley January 19-21 the usual suspects are gathering in Beatty at the luxurious Exchange club!

Get your fix of Happy Burro chili dogs, enjoy some great scenery, and hang out with these stellar individuals!

Call the hotel direct 775-553-2333 to book a room…….see ya there

IMG_0080.jpeg

• Like 1

IN and booked.  I've been jonesing for a Happy Burro chili dog with the frito corn chips crumbled on top.

• chrisolson featured this topic

Definitely not hanging out outside at night unless the Happy Burro has that wood burning stove on max.

• Like 1

It's a little far out for an accurate weather report, but I think I can safely say it'll be good weather for staying inside with a nice bottle of bourbon...

1 hour ago, mrduck said:

Still not finished……gonna be entertaining when they finally open…….

Their website makes it look like its open.

2 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Ya'll arrive on Thursday, right?

Pretty sure we're arriving on Friday. At least, that's when I'll arrive.

We'll probably meet at a Lancaster Starbuck's Friday morning. Ave I and hwy 14. Not sure about the time. Not sure about a planned route either, but I'm thinking about Caliente/Bodfish road to Lake Isabella, and 178 over to 14 from there.

I might change my mind though. There are a few good routes to Beatty from this direction.

Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, Groanup said:

Pretty sure we're arriving on Friday....

I'll aim for Lancaster then.

I'll be arriving Fri.  I'll meet you boys in Beatty.  Gotta drop off my son at school that morning so no early start for me.  Happy Burro here we come!

• Like 1
C_Williams

CA HWY 190- open all the way through the park.

Death Valley National Park will reopen the Beatty Cutoff on Friday, Jan. 12, most popular road connecting the park with Beatty, Nevada — on Friday, according to an announcement on Thursday.

The road to Dante’s View will close if there’s a risk of snow.

As of late December, the temporary shallow lake at Badwater reflecting the mountains is still present, although it is only a few inches

Rob Nowell

I won't know until Thursday night if I have to report for Jury Duty Friday.  If I'm free, I'll see you Friday morning.

• chrisolson unfeatured this topic

Epic weekend…….Death Valley with standing water, and Sunday morning rain……great ride!

Don J

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

• Like 2