IGNORED

20th Cedar Key Lunch/Weekend and January SECFF Lunch 1/20/2024 @11:30 AM

This years is the 20th Cedar Key Lunch, combined with the January SECFF, will be on Saturday, January 20, 2024 at Steamers Clam Bar & Grill.

@Calvin (no socks) has volunteered to check out the place and it has gotten his approval. This used to be the original restaurant (Frog Landings?) for the first Cedar Key Lunch.

Their website claims they open at 11:00 AM and if the place gets "No-socks" approval, we should be meeting at 11:30 AM for lunch.

Historical @tallman and @Kinsley used to organize this event, but both are absent from the forum. Several members and I think it is a great event that should continue in future.

So join me (Bernie), Calvin ( @Calvin (no socks)) and others for lunch at the sea side.

And don't forget to park in an approved spot, to avoid getting a ticket!

Steamers Clam Bar & Grill

420 Dock St,

Cedar Key, FL 32625

1-352-543-5142

PS: if you and your friends think you can make it , leave me a post here, so I can warn the restaurant about the invasion. :4617:

As for local motels for over night stays, check the postings from @tallman and @Kinsley, in the calendar section for more information.

Cedar Key XVI 2020 Post with lots of information

374196263_PNGimage.png.e476f7f8e572054f18cbd99f43e276e8.thumb.png.716bed92111ad762a7f8450e8d287ea3.png

RichEdwards

I have attended most of the Cedar Key celebrations that Tim set up. We always brought along a bunch from the BMW Riders of Tampa Bay. I will pass on the info about this new Jan. 20 event to the Tampa club and see how many are interested.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, RichEdwards said:

I have attended most of the Cedar Key celebrations that Tim set up. We always brought along a bunch from the BMW Riders of Tampa Bay. I will pass on the info about this new Jan. 20 event to the Tampa club and see how many are interested.

Hi Rich, it would great to catch up with you and the Tampa gang again.

• 2 weeks later...

Beth and I are IN!

Staying Friday and Saturday night.

DM me if anyone would like to make evening dinner plans Fri or Sat.

Weather looking sunny so far.

There is a memorial tree and bench for Ken that needs your company. 

Looking forward to seeing folks.

535326201_sunsettimKen.jpeg.c03b002aff35ba534197ec52d0440ee6.jpeg

• Like 3

Might have been here in Tallahassee when you were building the Brewery and Jan and Sharon came through town.

Or, at a Cedar key revival?

Looking forward to seeing you, NE Fla. and Tampa Bay folks.

Steamers will be fine and indoors for the faint of heart. 😉

Yes, was Froggys and site of 1st CK.

Jimmy, the owner, was an FSU Marching Chief alumni and we miss him. See ya soon.

• Like 1

Reservations have been called in for 11:30 AM on 1/20/2024 under the name Bernie/BMWSportTouring for 10.

If you or some additional people want to join us, let me know and I will ask them to add some more table space.

At moment, my list includes:

Jim Beyerl

@tallman & Beth

@9Mary7 &  +1

@Calvin (no socks)

@Bernie

@RichEdwards

@Matts_12GS

@KDeline plus 2

Edited by Bernie

We had a great turn out, despite the frigid weather by Florida standards. @tallmanand Beth and @RichEdwardsand his better half made an appearance. Rich forced a bunch of folks from the Tampa area to ride their bikes today. @9Mary7and his better half also made an appearance, even though the didn’t ride the bike, they did lower the roof to feel the breeze of the ocean.  

IMG_9369.thumb.jpeg.c1d1ffbb7decc5b3bbea7a3e3fea4d34.jpegIMG_9371.thumb.jpeg.b28641a07f49f1e91d999f3c9740510f.jpeg

Hopefully Rich will add the pictures of the crowd in the restaurant. Cedar Key itself looked like it had a nice recovery going and I think in the next 12 month we should see some new buildings and businesses appearing.

Besides having a big crowd and great service and food from the restaurant, it was nice sitting inside and looking out into the Gulf of Mexico.

A great day for a ride.

• Like 6