IGNORED

RIP Gaston Glock

RandyShields

When he described his innovative vision for a new modular handgun to those in power, they all laughed at him.  He had the confidence and fortitude to see it through and the rest is history. Perhaps not as influential as John Browning, but now his vision will be his legacy.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

And they never jam. Think I’ll go to the range in his honor tomorrow. I’m down to my last 3000 rounds so need to go shopping

My Kimbers on the other hand, jam until about 500 rounds

• Like 2

I read that just a little bit ago. Never was a fan of the gen1 Glocks way back in the late 80's/early 90's, said I would never own one, went with H&K and never thought about a Glock again.......until a few years ago. Picked up a Gen4 and absolutely fell in love with it. It was like putting a glove on, it just fit. Now I have more than one Glock, still got my original H&K USP. 

I'm a Glock fanboy, 17, 19, 21, 26 and 34. I purposely fired almost 2500 rounds through my Gen 1 17 without cleaning it. Never malfunctioned. Took the same pistol to a 2 day fighting pistol class and the first day it rained about 2 inches. The range was an absolute mud pit and all of the Glocks were trouble free, we dipped the magazines and pistols in buckets of water to wash out the mud and sand. If I'm wearing pants with a belt loop, there is a Glock 19 or 26 in my waistband.  RIP Gaston, you designed and built one hell of a fighting pistol. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

I'm a Glock fanboy, 17, 19, 21, 26 and 34. I purposely fired almost 2500 rounds through my Gen 1 17 without cleaning it. Never malfunctioned. Took the same pistol to a 2 day fighting pistol class and the first day it rained about 2 inches. The range was an absolute mud pit and all of the Glocks were trouble free, we dipped the magazines and pistols in buckets of water to wash out the mud and sand. If I'm wearing pants with a belt loop, there is a Glock 19 or 26 in my waistband.  RIP Gaston, you designed and built one hell of a fighting pistol. 

Sound's like AK variants.