IGNORED

throttle body air screw oring sizes

dmsantam

Good evening, the oring supplied in the Dan Cata throttle body rebuild kit measures 7.5mm ID, 1.5mm thick. This is consistent with the measurements I've seen on other threads here. However this is too big for my air screw. After looking at the Max BMW parts fiche, it looks like there are two types of air screws, see screenshot: 

image.png.e73249c24484e34da9afa4d5782c0636.png

I believe the 9mm version uses the 7.5ID x 1.5mm oring, and mine is the M7x0.75 version

Does anybody know what size oring I should use for this screw? I measured the slot and it's 6mm on the air screw, and the throttle body opening is 8mm wide. 

cheers,

10 hours ago, dmsantam said:

Good evening, the oring supplied in the Dan Cata throttle body rebuild kit measures 7.5mm ID, 1.5mm thick. This is consistent with the measurements I've seen on other threads here. However this is too big for my air screw. After looking at the Max BMW parts fiche, it looks like there are two types of air screws, see screenshot: 

I believe the 9mm version uses the 7.5ID x 1.5mm oring, and mine is the M7x0.75 version

Does anybody know what size oring I should use for this screw? I measured the slot and it's 6mm on the air screw, and the throttle body opening is 8mm wide. 

cheers,

Morning dmsantam

The smaller BBS screw "O" ring size is not listed by BMW. The 9mm BBS screw is easy to size the "O" ring. 

On the 7mm BBS I usually just match the removed "O" ring to something from one of my many "O" ring kits.

If you can, just remove one of your existing "O" rings then visit a local auto parts store & match it up. Or carefully measure one of the existing "O" rings for ID, OD, & cross section.  "O" rings are cheap so if you can't size it exactly then just buy a few different sizes close to what was removed then try them. 

Or, you might try calling BING USA technical assistance  @  1-620-767-7844, (I have my doubts on them knowing but might be worth a call) . 

Have your Throttle Body number handy (see below as it will look something like this) 

image.png.1c7de1ccb5df924eb2f35dabfba46bc3.png

Thanks DR, I have found some online forum messages indicating 5mm ID, 1.5mm thick for the M7 BBS. But I tried 3/16" ID x 1/16" thick that i had in my kit (slightly less than 5mm ID and slightly more than 1.5mm thick) and it's still a little loose :(

I'll go down to an auto parts store and see if i can match it up. 

cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
dmsantam

I got my hands on 5mm ID, 1.5mm thick orings, and can confirm that these fit perfectly on the 7mm BBS i have, and match the old orings.