IGNORED

Odd Tire Wear

Stresspuppy

Stresspuppy

Went out for a couple of rides. They feel smoother with next to no noise, and I have more confidence with the RS IVs in the corners but I don't know if it is psychosomatic or not. The one thing I noticed is they are a bit squirrelly on the highway at speed, kind of like the wind is blowing you around. Maybe it is because they are so new they need a little wear in time. Running 38/42 for tire pressure. But no buyers remorse on the first couple of rides. We'll see how they do on the long haul to START.

dirtrider
49 minutes ago, Stresspuppy said:

The one thing I noticed is they are a bit squirrelly on the highway at speed, kind of like the wind is blowing you around. Maybe it is because they are so new they need a little wear in time. 

Morning Stresspuppy

That squirrely feeling will usually go away as the tires wear a little.   Your old tires had a pronounced flat area in the center that slowed down the response time. The new tires are much more rounded in the center so that makes them a little more edgy until they get some center wear. 

The new tries will wear in a little and you will get used to the quicker turn in, so it won't be long until you feel comfortable again. 

On 4/11/2024 at 3:26 PM, MikeB60 said:

Metzlers and their parent company Pirelli have a factory in China. I had a problem with a Roadtec and Pirelli Scorpion II both made in China. No more for me. 

I've bought many Metzlers over the years on the basis that they may be the only company that only makes MC tires, not auto.  I also assumed they were not mfg in China.  Risking sensorship here, I'll just say I'm not a fan of supporting Chinese economy.  What MC tires these days are not mfg in China?

Both of my new Road 6s were made in Spain, which apparently is the only factory for motorcycle radial tires now. The bias ply ones are made in Thailand.

Stresspuppy

The Roadsmart IVs I just bought are stamped made in Japan. I didn’t realize this but Dunlop is owned by Sumitomo. 
IMG_8940.thumb.jpeg.48bbbd74fc3da9bdf41dec9773d1a0df.jpeg

• Like 1
MikeB60

I've had Dunlops made in USA, Japan and France. My latest set of Mutants were made in France. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stresspuppy said:

The Roadsmart IVs I just bought are stamped made in Japan. I didn’t realize this, but Dunlop is owned by Sumitomo.

Both statements very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Unless the Road 6s impress me, I want to try those next time. They came with light spot marks, right? Hope so.