IGNORED

Banned from Advrider for bitching about Klim

RoadsterGS

Just got banned from Advrider for bitching about the quality of this fine Klim Forecast rain suit, which lasted a few hours before getting holed. I'll keep my mouth shut about it now, so I don't get banned from here. Apparently, Klim has a lot of power I didn't know about...

IMG_3611.JPG

That's BS.

Their stuff if overpriced and the fitment is so so... I preferred Olympia stuff, too bad they are not near what they used to be.. I'm using mostly Tourmaster now.

I have the Forecast jacket and pants... so far it has worked well but you can tell when you get it that the pants will likely wear out.  I took the gamble so we'll see.

Welcome to the site. Sorry about the jacket. We are not Adv Rider, what they do doesn't affect us in the least, don't assume otherwise right out of the gate. I'm sure our policies have no affect on them as well.

Terry

• Like 2

Welcome to the board.   Sorry to read about your issue. 

This is the Classified / Riding Gear forum for items that members post for sale.  If that item is for sale, please list the price, as per forum rules.  IF it is not for sale, then it is highly recommended that you post your information about it in T H I S subforum.

Just sayin'

• Like 2

You didn’t start the conversation off with your political views? :rofl: And that’s all I’ve got to say about that…right here. :read:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, RoadsterGS said:

Just got banned from Advrider for bitching about the quality of this fine Klim Forecast rain suit, which lasted a few hours before getting holed. I'll keep my mouth shut about it now, so I don't get banned from here. Apparently, Klim has a lot of power I didn't know about...

IMG_3611.JPG

If I remember right, ADVrider is no longer independently owned.  It's some kind of online multi brand motorcycle forum Corporation that owns it now, which might explain a fear of bad press if there's advertising involved or possible Klim influence. 

I had a similar experience with the Klim Induction gloves.  Bought them for the summer UnRally trip and in less than 2 weeks a seam split open.  Luckily I had another pair of gloves I could wear to get home.  Have never had moto gloves do that before.

No question that Advrider has started censoring or relegating to obscurity anything that may be detrimental to current or potential advertisers.

Yeah, come to think of it, my Lattitude jacket zipper takes quite a few tries to start zipping up.  Sup wit dat?

• Smile 1
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Yeah, come to think of it, my Lattitude jacket zipper takes quite a few tries to start zipping up.  Sup wit dat?

Well William, we all know what is up with that! :3:

I don’t think that is KLIM’s fault. But the problems you all have with Klim is a good reason for me to get another AeroStitch RoadCrafter Classic suit. :4617:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RoadsterGS... I don't think you would ever get banned here for sharing truthful information as long as it is stating facts and not offensive, name calling, or other things you wouldn't say to your 8 year old daughter.  We share info on gear, parts, bikes, service all the time in the spirit of sharing information that will help other riders.  This board is pretty heavy on GS riders so you have come to the right place.  This board is also very heavy with maintenance and repair talent with some of the best BMW skilled people you will ever meet.  They will help you more than you can imagine when you have an issue or question.

The mods are super diligent on keeping the board safe from spammers and other ill will internet toads.  Heck when they want to do an update to the board, they actually seek out our opinion before they do it....The fee for this place is zero....although it's nice to send a little sumpin every once in a while to offset the cost the owner incurs.  That reminds me.  It's time again for me to send something in.

Welcome to the board.

• Like 3

Thanks Bernie.   I may be in the market for some upgrading in the future and will opt for a different brand.  I bought the Latitude jacket at Wooly's to help the local BMW economy, if you know what I mean, and I thing you do!

Funny thing about zippers is that one of them on my left leg of my over-pants had separated and it is not the first pair to have the zipper go bad; 4 pairs, at least, so far.   :ohboy:

Stupid zippers that don't last!!   Just dayamm.

I had a pleasant surprise from Klim a few months ago.  My old Latitude jacket zipper would no longer stay together.  Contacted Klim to see if they could/would replace it. Sent them a few pics and they said they would replace the zipper under their warranty.  All it cost me was shipping to get the jacket to them. They also have replaced two pair of defective gloves over the last couple of years. Nice surprise.

• Like 2