IGNORED

where can i get the electronic part of bmw 650gt scooter Part Number 61318388639

gabakusa

One of the buttons got damaged, and I would like to know where I can get a knockoff of the whole part or just the electronic part itself original?

BMW wants to sell me the whole thing, and it costs about $500

IMG_3700 Large.jpeg

IMG_3701 Large.jpeg

IMG_3702 Large.jpeg

bmw 650 grip.png

A buddy of mine has that scooter......as far as I know OEM BMW is the only source.

If you think that switch cluster is expensive, my buddy's gauge cluster went bad........$2000.:jaw:

8 hours ago, gabakusa said:

One of the buttons got damaged, and I would like to know where I can get a knockoff of the whole part or just the electronic part itself original?

BMW wants to sell me the whole thing, and it costs about $500

Morning  gabakusa

You can get that entire left  LIN BUS combination switch from BMW, obviously expensive as the cheapest I found was $477.00.

They do show up on E-Bay from time to time (but all I found at the moment are new switches) & even then, shipped from overseas (assuming you are in the US). So if in no hurry keep watching on E-Bay for good-used. 

Otherwise, I don't know what particular button is damaged but you might be able to use a similar (like) button from a different model like a LIN-bus or CAN-bus RT or GS or even an f800/850. For the most part I believe the buttons are about the same but obviously the markings on the buttons are probably different.  I don't know for a fact that the buttons from a more popular BMW motorcycle will work but it would be worth looking into. 

You might talk to your local BMW dealer, I'm sure they have replaced a number of the handlebar switches as BMW had a lot of switch failures. Possibly they have an old (failed) removed switch assembly floating around (probably from an F-800  or 1200RT) that they might give you to see if the switch buttons can be made to function in your switch assembly. 

Or take a chance & buy the cheapest switch assembly from E-Bay that has similar looking buttons then see if you can make one of the buttons work in your switch.