IGNORED

So Cal to Gunnison routes

onedae

I am planning on leaving the LA area on Sunday afternoon 6/18 and slabbing up I-15 to Mesquite NV for the night. Monday I planned on riding to the Torrey area (never been there before) via Utah 9 to 89 to 12 and then on to Moab UT Monday night via Utah 24 to I-70 to UT 191, with a quick loop through Arches National Park along the way. Tuesday I will head on to Gunnison via UT 191 TO 128 TO I-70 and CO 50.

Any of you more experienced travelers have any suggestions, warnings, must see advice, etc for me? Also any recommendations as to lodging in Mesquite or Moab (or alternative places to stay that you may like better)? Any comments appreciated.

Looks fine to me, Dave. It's really not that dissimilar to my route. I'm leaving Sat after work (around 4:30) and heading for Mexquite. I'll leave there the next day, bypass Zion (BTDT paid the $10) and go up to UT14, east to UT89, then to UT12 to Torrey. Lunch in Torrey, then UT24 to I-70 to CO50 and down to Montrose on Sunday. I've got friends in Montrose, so I'll be in Gunny on Monday afternoon.

Dave, my favorite way into Colorado from the west is via the spectacular and little-traveled pass of UT-62/CO-90 from US-191 south of Moab at La Sal Junction. Follow it on over to Naturita (gas) and on over, perhaps to Teluride, but beautiful CO-62 to Rigeway. North from there to Montrose and Gunnison. That's only about 450 miles from Torrey, and there's plenty of time for sightseeing.

However you go, enjoy it all. See you in Gunnison, buddy.

my favorite way into Colorado from the west is via the spectacular and little-traveled pass of UT-62/CO-90 from US-191 south of Moab at La Sal Junction. Follow it on over to Naturita (gas) and on over, perhaps to Teluride, but beautiful CO-62 to Rigeway.

Yes, truly awesome! thumbsup.gif

+1 with Dick suggestion, Last year i rode Co62 and found it to be a real nice route. I'll be in Torry saturday and may ride that way myself.. next two days of work is killing me.

Archived