IGNORED

BMW Badges Fell Off

009jim

hi All, After recent hot weather, it my side badges fell off along the road. Can anybody give me the part number to get them and also the best glue for re-fixing please?

photo left side - CROP badge.jpg

Hope this helps.   I had to order one (came in as 2) for my R1200C and it has an adhesive backing.  

Yeah, a little pricey.   BMW is real proud of that badge, eh?

Screenshot2023-12-15180830.jpg.62111e9f452d41a7e2d280a98504f06e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Lost the BMW roundel on my GS, when it fell off on a hot day. Couldn’t by just the roundel. When purchasing from BMW, you are purchasing the roundel and the backing plate, which the roundel is glued to.

if you truly want an adhesive that will never let go....and quite frankly you can never make let go...the use 3M 5200.  It's used in all kinds of applications including marine, but if you ever have any thoughts of ungluing...if such a word...don't use it as it is seriously permanent.  

Found my replacements on e-bay. They came with stick on adhesive and I added some 3M adhesive. I won't be paying the BMW price for replacements.

• 4 weeks later...
Dave Cameron

I, believe BMW should replace these No Charge if they want folks to know there BMW bikes.

I, live in S Fl on my 3rd RT all have fallen off. Replaced them once never again not at 70 bucks.

Think they’ll listen HA