IGNORED

Nelson Rigg Hurricane Riggpak Crash Bar Bags Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Nelson Rigg Hurricane Crash Bar Bags Review intro

The farther you ride, the more storage is required to bring the essentials needed for a more comfortable adventure. To that end, I’ve been looking for a simple yet effective crash bar bag for years. The folks at Rigg Gear ended that quest with the release of their Hurricane Riggpak Crash Bar/Tail Bag.

These bags are built for the long haul, with heavy-duty UV-treated PVC tarpaulin construction with waterproof roll closure and quick-release buckles. These buckles make access easy, and combined with loop Velcro straps, they also make for endless mounting options. I currently have them mounted to the crash bars on my KTM 1190 R and love how easy they were to install.

Some may question carrying pricey tools or valuable belongings on the bars this way. Don’t worry, the bags won’t come apart mid-ride. They’re super durable, and with Nelson Rigg’s lifetime warranty, there’s nothing to fuss about. I’ve dropped my bike numerous times while trail riding, and they’re holding up just fine.

NelsonRigg Hurricane CrashBarBags 1

One thing I would like to see from Nelson Rigg is a quick-release mechanism to make it easy to carry the bag off the bike. This upgrade would make these already versatile bags even more useful.

Nelsonrigg.com

MSRP: $49.95 Each

PROS:

• Multiple mounting options
  • Super heavy-duty material
  • Each bag holds approximately five liters

CONS:

• No quick release to take off the bike
  • They didn’t come out sooner

Read more ...

View the full article