IGNORED

ABS lights

Steve Lascelles

Steve Lascelles

I have just bought a r1200rt 2006 35000 miles ( full dealer service history) all seems fine, but when I start up there’s no abs light, there is red brake fail light and red triangle, which go off when you ride off. The brakes all appear to work fine. I can hear servo when you touch front brake leaver, I’ve had local bike shop plug in and check for any fault codes - none…. Any ideas 

3 hours ago, Steve Lascelles said:

I have just bought a r1200rt 2006 35000 miles ( full dealer service history) all seems fine, but when I start up there’s no abs light, there is red brake fail light and red triangle, which go off when you ride off. The brakes all appear to work fine. I can hear servo when you touch front brake leaver, I’ve had local bike shop plug in and check for any fault codes - none…. Any ideas 

Afternoon Steve

The brake warning light is also the ABS warning light so there is no stand-alone ABS light.

Both the brake warning light & warning triangle should go out after ride-off. 

The only thing that I'm not sure of (it's been a while since I have ridden a 2005/2005 BMW 1200RT) is if the brake warning light should be (ON) or (ON and flashing) before ride-off. 

Hopefully someone with a 2005 or 2006 will post  here on if the brake warning light should just be (ON), or be (ON and flashing) before ride off. 

Per the manual to my 2006 R1200RT the brake warning light will flash four times per second when the bike is doing the self-diagnosis and will flash once per second when doing the pull away test.

It's been a while since I've ridden by R1200RT, but as I recall, the self diagnosis only takes a second or two after turning on the ignition and the pull away test is complete (brake failure light stops flashing/goes out) after hitting the brakes for the first time after I initially start moving.

I have a 2005.    The red brake warning triangle should start flashing as soon as the ignition is on, then change to a yellow triangle.   They should stop flashing as soon as the bike is moving.