IGNORED

2005 R1200ST Front Wheel

Sam Boychuk

Does anyone know which year and models of front wheel will fit my r1200st. I have shimmed mine to almost perfect but if I could source a new wheel I would just not sure which ones will fit. thanks Sam Boychuk.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:23 AM, Sam Boychuk said:

Does anyone know which year and models of front wheel will fit my r1200st. I have shimmed mine to almost perfect but if I could source a new wheel I would just not sure which ones will fit. thanks Sam Boychuk.

Morning Sam

THAT, is good question.  My current BMW parts book shows the P/N_ (136317696159 SILVER FRONT WHEEL - 3,50X17 RDC) as the replacement. But BMW now only provides the RDC wheel as a replacement for both with RDC & without RDC. This wheel fits the 1200r, 1200RT, & 1200ST (plus probably others in the hexhead line).

Buying used is a crapshoot as the some early 1200 hexhead front wheels had uneven brake rotor mounting bosses. You can't tell until you mount it then ride it, or set it up the run dial indictor on the boss heights.

Here is the beware thing__ the current BMW replacement wheel (per the parts book) fits all the hexhead 1200 (R) (RT) (ST) but I have seen a number of sellers list 1200 hexhead wheels as 05-06 so just beware of this. 

Personally when replacing wheels I usually just match the wheel casting numbers up, but in your case that might get you another wheel that needs brake rotor shimming.

I have a BMW service bulletin on the early 1200 hexhead wheels but I am not near my shop computer at the moment. When I back to my shop I will take look for it. So look back later as I will post additional info if that bulletin says anything important.