IGNORED

Shonan Japan

jupijapan

Great pictures but I was hoping for a little more fill in the blanks. Being a newbie, is Japan your home? Or maybe a work deployment gig? Is your riding partner’s bike a desirable machine over there or is she a bit of a rebel? :spittake:

Sorry for all the questions. :)

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 3
On 12/5/2023 at 2:23 AM, TEWKS said:

Great pictures but I was hoping for a little more fill in the blanks. Being a newbie, is Japan your home? Or maybe a work deployment gig? Is your riding partner’s bike a desirable machine over there or is she a bit of a rebel? :spittake:

Sorry for all the questions. :)

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the questions. I'm American, but have lived here for 20+ years teaching at universities. Harley is reasonably popular here because of its "exotic" nature. Mostly Sportster, the bigger ones are pretty uncommon, as are most very large motorcycles. The woman is Russian and definitely a bit of a rebel. It's fun to take her photos, but riding is a challenge as she won't go on the highway and about 60KPH is her top speed. It would normally take me about one hour to get to that area from Tokyo, even less from my home in Yokohama. It took us over 2 hours, but it was a great day regardless.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1