IGNORED

Who says Harley's aren't beautiful !!??

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

..... I loved these !!!

74955763-L.jpg

We were on our way from Colleville to Vierville and Omaha Beach when I hit the brakes again (Marty sighing in his helmet behind me.... having to negotiate another difficult 'side-of-the-road' stop).

I wanted this picture.. all the houses back in '40 seemed to have some sort of 'advertising' on them in France..... this reminded me of old pictures...

74955697-L.jpg

An old Sherman tank with a 'hedgehog' in front of it. nd a US artillery piece on the left. This is entering Vierville-sur-Mer.

74955709-L.jpg

Vierville-sur-Mer and 'Omaha Beach', looking west towards Pointe du Hoc.

74955718-L.jpg

Another monument, Dutch, Belgian, Candaian and US flag, looking east towards Arromanches

74955728-L.jpg

Martgy looking out over Omaha Beach and the Atlantic....

74955748-L.jpg

We found the (Dutch !!!) Harley's at the end of town....

74955779-L.jpg

From here we rode to Pointe du Hoc.... another story...

Francois_Dumas
all these photo's are pretty amazing. thanks to both of you guys for taking the time to put it together. clap.gif

Don't worry, we're having the time of our life smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

We were on our way from Colleville to Vierville and Omaha Beach when I hit the brakes again (Marty sighing in his helmet behind me.... having to negotiate another difficult 'side-of-the-road' stop).

I'm sure years from now Marty well have forgotten the inconvenience of having to make so many stops but I'm sure he well always treasure those images.

Keep up the good work thumbsup.gif

MooreDriven

Francois,

Nice photo's. I would love to visit there someday. Especially on a bike.

I bet those Harley's were packing oil. The older models leaked like a sieve. I'd still love to ride one.

Dale

Francois_Dumas

They trailered them down there from Holland.... They had them for many years (I talked to the owner). If I had more money I'd get myself a Willys Jeep (my all-time favorite vehicle) and join in the fun every summer in Normandy. smile.gif

Good Lord!!! "Martgy" looks so small in that shot!! You sure you didn't put one of those "stuffed suits" on that thing?? grin.gifgrin.gif

Great shots Francois!!

Pat

Francois_Dumas

grin.gifgrin.gif I call him all sorts of things..... (and am a lousy typist, too).

Ahhhmm... no, the stuffed suits can be seen in the St. Mere Eglise Story.... oops... haven't put that one up yet ! dopeslap.gif

Archived