IGNORED

Bevel Service - My ABS Cable Very Close to Disc Rotor Bolts.

009jim

2012 R1200RT. Doing bevel oil change and relubing driveshaft spline. As I put it back together, I noticed the metal guide for the ABS sensor is very close the the heads of the screws that hold the disc rotor. There is about 1 mm gap. Double checked everything seems to be exactly as it was before disassembly. Anybody else notice this? Everything is still original on this bike, as it's only done 25,000 km.
Annotated photograph shows as wheel rotates, head of bolt B passes metal guide A very close.  I have rotated the disc whilst scrutinising the gap closely. Seems to be about 1 mm.

rear ABS cable annotated.jpg

DSCN0099 good cropped.JPG

DSCN0094 good cropped.JPG

13 hours ago, 009jim said:
2012 R1200RT. Doing bevel oil change and relubing driveshaft spline. As I put it back together, I noticed the metal guide for the ABS sensor is very close the the heads of the screws that hold the disc rotor. There is about 1 mm gap. Double checked everything seems to be exactly as it was before disassembly. Anybody else notice this? Everything is still original on this bike, as it's only done 25,000 km.
Annotated photograph shows as wheel rotates, head of bolt B passes metal guide A very close.  I have rotated the disc whilst scrutinising the gap closely. Seems to be about 1 mm.

Morning 009jim

It is difficult to tell much from the picture angles but it sort of looks like that wire guide is bent slightly out at the end. 

Personally I would probably stick a hammer handle against that wire guide at the least clearance point, then give the hammer head a couple of hits with the palm of my hand  to see if the wire guide will deflect inward & provide a bit more clearance.