IGNORED

flasher question

steve68

My turn signals are doing a new flashing pattern: normal frequency for about 4-5 flashes, then about 8 rapid flashes then slow again, etc....

A few years ago I installed this https://st2-systems.com/st2-turn-system/

Works pretty well.  Have not had this flasher problem since.

Admittedly I have not searched the forum for this topic so if already discussed apologize for the redundancy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Steven

34 minutes ago, steve68 said:

My turn signals are doing a new flashing pattern: normal frequency for about 4-5 flashes, then about 8 rapid flashes then slow again, etc....

A few years ago I installed this https://st2-systems.com/st2-turn-system/

Works pretty well.  Have not had this flasher problem since.

Admittedly I have not searched the forum for this topic so if already discussed apologize for the redundancy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Steven

Afternoon  steve68

Difficult to say without having the motorcycle to work on. 

Probably the first thing to do is disconnect the st2-systems & then see what happens. 

Otherwise a poor bulb ground or even a bulb that has continuity issues might give you that random flashing. 

It your motorcycle still has the factory turn signal relay that might also have issues ( I don't know if that st2-systems was added in addition to, or as a replacement for, the factory T/S relay).

1 hour ago, steve68 said:

Thanks.

Do you work on bikes?  

Afternoon  steve68

Not for general type work. I do work on a group of riders that I have worked with for years & work with some riders in my immediate ride group.