IGNORED

Mrs. Rosalynn Carter enters hospice care

John Ranalletta

2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

A very good man and woman right there,.....very good.

I didn’t agree with his Presidency but Roug is right… very good people we could use more of. 

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1

When he was the Governor of Georgia ('71, I think - tumultuous times ) in a big, televised news conference he referred to the school I was attending with its previous name.  Of course there was a big uproar about this perceived slight and he agreed to come apologise in person to the entire student body. 

Several days later at noon he showed up with a small entourage and a PA system was set up outside on "the quad" and big crowd was there.  He made a short, eloquent apology speech and asked if there were any questions.  There were several that had questions about various topics that he answered, then a guy in front of me asked a long nine part question about nine disparate topics, local, national, and international.  Jimmy stood there listening intently, then replied in detail and in order to every part of the question without any notes or hesitation.  I was amazed. I can't remember my own phone number.

In 2015 he was diagnosed with brain cancer.  I heard a long interview with him on the radio (NPR??) shortly after where he discussed the diagnosis, type of cancer (metastatic melanoma), his options, and prognosis in a very clear, unemotional, matter of fact manner.  

• Like 2

At 95 he fell, banged himself up a bit and went right back to building houses,.....at ninety freakin' five!!!!

I don't care what his presidency was like, the guy is simply inspirational.  The world will have a monstrous loss when he passes.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

You weren't missing anything.

Not old enough at the time and my father wasn’t a beer drinker, so I couldn’t steal any. :spittake:

• Like 1