IGNORED

Atascadero check in and pictures

mrduck

In at 5 and what a great weekend! Counted 18 bikes, weather was perfect and found some tasty back roads to ride, got to hang out at the beach, and of course rode Hwy 1 ………. 
Thanks for coming out, we may have to do that one again………

IMG_2608.jpeg

IMG_2603.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpeg

72135569714__D88C9540-FCBE-4E16-B5F4-F045C832F156.jpeg

• Like 2

It was really good seeing everyone. We went home via the junction and mines rd. A nice treat since we don’t get over there very often. We took almost no photos this weekend. 

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3061.jpeg

IMG_3085.jpeg

IMG_3076.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1

Edit:  We tried to get Rob’s attention as he motored on by in Fillmore, to no avail. 

For those of you who were disappointed in me for not leading you down south mountain road today because I was lagging behind, as I am wont to do:  in Santa Paula take the 10th street (ca150) exit from 126east, and make a left, then a quick right on Harvard, then a right at the first light which is south mountain road (a left will put you on 12th st). Follow that until you start heading n, which will be sespe street then take the second right which will be bardsdale (if I’m not mistaken the street sign is missing) and that will take you to 23, then head south into grimes cyn…

this will let you bypass Fillmore and a some traffic lights and lead you through an agricultural area with some curves thrown in, along the Santa Susana Mountains. 

• Thanks 1

Stopped at the Surf Motel in Fort Bragg last night ,  locked the forks and had a dickens of a time releasing them. But the Gods of the Coast helped. Onward toward the Oregon  coast this morning, What a great weekend so far

• Plus 1 2

Those roads were amazing!  The weather was perfect!  The company was...good!  Seriously, though, I wouldn't mind doing this TWICE a year!  Beats the heck outta DVD (for me).

47 minutes ago, Rob Nowell said:

Those roads were amazing!  The weather was perfect!  The company was...good!  Seriously, though, I wouldn't mind doing this TWICE a year!  Beats the heck outta DVD (for me).

That’s what I did. Last spring I stayed at the vino and did a ride that included some of the roads we were on but then headed up to  Carmel valley rd for lunch in Monterey, then rode to hollister and down ca25. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, longjohn said:

That’s what I did. Last spring I stayed at the vino and did a ride that included some of the roads we were on but then headed up to  Carmel valley rd for lunch in Monterey, then rode to hollister and down ca25. 

@Rob Nowell

alternatively after north-meets-south you could make your way to the coast. We stayed at lovers point inn in pg one year then took the coast home the next day. Here I am behind Larry Carl and Don. 
IMG_0536.thumb.jpeg.3efc4fed20f302c3b16d8a19331f1b66.jpeg

2 hours ago, longjohn said:

@Rob Nowell

We stayed at lovers point inn in pg one year then took the coast home the next day. Here I am behind Larry Carl and Don.

I'm not going to ask who picked the hotel with a name like that.  What happens in PG stays in PG.  Don't ask, don't tell.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/19/2023 at 9:05 AM, BrianT said:

picked the hotel with a name like that

It was Carl, I bet.  He did the same to Jim and me last summer!  Wifey raised an eyebrow and shrugged her shoulders...

• Like 1