IGNORED

need help unlocking front forks I am stuck away from home

Tank

John Ranalletta
4 minutes ago, Tank said:

trouble tonight... HELP please. 2020 GSA, seems I have locked my forks... keyless system

I don't have personal experience, but an AI query offers this. Hope it works and good luck.

To unlock the forks on a 2020 BMW GSA with a keyless system, you can follow these steps1:

1. Turn the handlebars all the way to the left.
  2. Push and hold the ignition button until you hear a click1.

This should unlock the forks.  

Is there strain on the forks because you parked on an incline? If forks are locked, the first button push, should actuate the lock. Do you hear any sounds from the locking mechanism at all? 

9 minutes ago, profbodryak said:

Is there strain on the forks because you parked on an incline? If forks are locked, the first button push, should actuate the lock. Do you hear any sounds from the locking mechanism at all? 

bike is on flat ground , on center stand, I can hear the click to unlock the forks....... although I don't know if I am r RElocking or UNlocking at this pointjk

Probably a crappy advice but try hitting the fork right in the center with your palm several times. Who knows, maybe something got inside and stuck in there? 

Not sure what exactly I have done , but the unlock noise was different and I now have a free fork unit . Many thanks for the input tonight.

I have cancelled the trailer and Gary seemed happy also that he won't need to travel on a Monday morning

• Like 3

I also have a 2020, and to unlock the forks, you just quickly press the start/stop button (like turning ignition on), and forks immediately unlock (and ignition turns on as well). You only have to hold it down to LOCK it. So seems like you were locking it every time. By the way, I also thought I needed a long-press to unlock it, but glad I found out by accident that it unlocks with just touching the start/button to turn the ignition on. I was going to start the bike, and then unlock the forks, so glad I found out about how to unlock it the easy way. Ha ha. It was the first and only time I've used the lock.

• Thanks 1