IGNORED

Any Shuberth C5 wearers?

RTinNC

I have been a Shoei wearer now for a good 10 to 15 years and am a hard to fit noggin.   While at the dealer last week I tried on a XXL C5 and damn if it didn't fit.  I don't need a helmet right now but am beginning to look for a backup to my current lid.   My question is not about the helmet and I don't want this to be a helmet buying thread.  My question is for wearers of the C5 who use the SC2 comm. unit with it.  I have a Sena 50s and like it but have had buddies with the built in units and most had issues and poor battery life. 

If you have a C5 with the SC2 .... how do you like it?  Any issues?  How is battery life? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

I have been wearing a C5 with the CS2 for 5 months or so. I like it, it fits well (after changing some padding), and it is quiet. The one nit to pick is the shield doesn’t stay in the partially open detents as strongly as I would like. Not bad on an RT but on an open bike the shield slams shut around 45 mph from the wind pressure. The battery life on the CS2 is far superior to my old 50S. I can run the mesh intercom for 9 hours and still have 50% battery remaining. The only thing I miss is the jog dial on the 50S. The CS2 has buttons on the remote, similar to the 50R, and are difficult to use especially with gloves on. I have found that most functions can be easily used with voice commands so I rarely turn the remote control on.

• Like 3

I've had a C5 with the CS2 since they came out.  The C5 is a great helmet in every way, fit and finish.  I've been an Arai long oval guy (3 different helmets over 15-20 years).  I can't comment on the battery life of the SC2 since I only seem to listen to music from the bike (XM Radio).  The volume wasn't load enough until I installed an adapter that allows a connection to hard wire 3.5 earbuds.   Unlike the Sena 50s there isn't a plug for the earbuds.  Since I've done this I'm happy.  I also use earbuds with my Arai's.  I got the smoke shield, at first I didn't think it was dark enough, I changed my mind quickly.  I like it better than the dark smoke I had on my Arai since the C5 has a built in sun-visor.  When riding directly into the sun both together work great.  And riding in the shadows the smoke shield isn't too dark.  Works well on cloudy days too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  I too am an intermediate to long oval head and read in a review that Shuberth modified the shape of the C5 to be more oval which explains why it seemed to fit me so well.   And as noted I am a bit worried about the face shield detent issue which was noted in a lot of reviews on Revzilla.  I ride with my shield up about 70% of the time and love the shoei strong detents on the shield.   I have a Sena 10s and 50s and battery life is awesome ... I have never run out of battery even on long days.  I only use the Sena for intercom chat when with buddies but battery has never run out whereas on buddies with the older Shuberth and even the Neotech they need to recharge at lunch stops.   Good to hear the SC2 seems to have a good long battery. 

Thanks,  always appreciate real user opinions of stuff. 

• Like 2