IGNORED

BMW patch

Skywagon

The mothership sent me this patch… not sure why. I’m not a patch guy. If you want it, message me your address and I’ll drop it in snail mail…otherwise headed to landfill. It measures 2x3. 

45F9E23E-DA53-4AA6-9BAC-0D6FBCE806AE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1

Put mine in the trash with the daily stack of health insurance come ons. I spent 24K on one of their bikes and they sent me a 35 cent patch, impressive. The Germans will never figure out marketing and customer relations. I had to take my Transit van back to the dealer a second time for a warranty repair. Ford HQ sent me a letter of apology and a $200 gift card for my inconvenience.

• Plus 1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 11/12/2023 at 3:05 PM, duckhawk64 said:

Sargent motorcycle seats gave me a free hat, as did a rural tire dealer when I bought a set of tires. At least I can use a hat.

Hey, don't trash-talk the patch!  It'll keep six square inches of your skin slightly less cold!

I got one of 'em too.  It looks a little odd, like it didn't never got reviewed by their marketing department.  I mean shouldn't there at least be a roundel somewhere on there?

• Plus 1 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
12 hours ago, NewportCycle said:

How many bikes do you need to buy to get one?

I've bought three new bikes over the past 24 years...so for now, the answer is "not more than three."

10 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I've bought three new bikes over the past 24 years...so for now, the answer is "not more than three."

I've bought two in 10 years and so far no patch, that's cool, no worries here.  I have gotten emails from the local dealer advising me on zero interest rates for new bikes, discounts on parts, did I need service they were their to assist me in anyway necessary, very pleasant.  I was very nice to them and told them all that sounded great but (channeling my inner boxflyer) until service data is made available to owners of current BMW models no new BMW's for this cat, ever.  This got a very nice email back indicating their sympathy and if I was interested they would sell me a 20 year old bike which they had in the used inventory if I wanted something to scratch that DIY itch, CYFI? C'est la vie, waiting on spring.

• Haha 1