IGNORED

Valve Cover Compatability R1150 RT

Hobgolyn1

Greetings all. I'm new here and this is my first post. I hope someone can answer this. I have an 02 R1150RT that I damaged a valve cover on and need to replace. What years will work? I have found a pair for an 03 model that look decent and look just like mine. I want to make sure they work before I jump on them. Thanks in advance.

'02 was the first year for the 1150RT and used a single spark. That valve cover should be the same for '02, '03. In 2004, they went to Dual Spark, which changed the valve covers.

Obviously, left and right covers are different.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dave P said:

Hob- they are pretty easy to fill and paint if you wanted to go that route. JB Weld, fine wet dry paper and silver wheel paint...D

That is good to know. Where this one is broke might be unfixable. The upper right side bolt hole is broken out. I will keep that in mind should I need to make future repairs.     Thanks for that bit of info. You just gave me piece of mind. I went ahead and pulled the trigger last night on a set of heads just so I could get a decent valve cover. I will have a right side head, and a left side head with the valve cover available next week if anyone is interested. Can't wait to get a few good rides in!

Sounds like you have more to fix than some easy road rash! If that valve cover is broken then replacement is the way to go. You could still paint both of them so they match... Dave