IGNORED

Happy days

Warrant

Good day all!

Well it took a while and the bike sat all year with threats of selling/fixing/selling/fixing. 

Sent in my HES to a local Canadian fellow to make pretty and safe into the near future. The bodywork is rough (well just the front fairing and paint) but decided to make ready for adventure and just roll with it. Replaced the front sub-frame that was abused along the way, drilled the stock fairing mounts and went with zip ties (very solid and invisible really)

So I had to move home and figured if I could ride it to my new home the adventure would continue!

Here it is getting a little love, oil leaks and major inspection time, not too shabby! The speedo reads 24K miles, looks like that for sure.

Main seal, clutch is clean but new one going in, etc

I just want to thank everyone on this forum, with these bikes knowledge is key to happy motorcycling

Cheers and ride safe

20231108_102448.jpg

20230412_093808.jpg

20230402_091259.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Good day all,

Well that was fun, rear main seal replaced and the original clutch went back in, I was very happy to find no wear on any splines at any point along the way. After reading about the rear diff seal being a weeper I left well enough alone and just lubed the driveshaft up and buttoned it all up. Then after it all seemed good I find one of the fuel lines at the injector cracked, damn! I guess the airbox is coming back out, at least I know what I need to do.

So I decided to have a look at an oil leak on the front of the engine, long story short I now have a good idea of how the front suspension comes off. Looks like the oil level sight glass is leaking to make this old oilhead live up to its pedigree.

This forum is such a wealth of information about what to do, not do and when to just tap out. Fun for the whole family. I am looking forward to wearing out at least one set of tires before finding my next project.

Cheers all, thanks for looking in

20231206_190149.jpg

20231206_170211.jpg

• Plus 1 3

Great looking project! Biggest takeaway is that you will able to take a long trip, knowing that you can tackle any repairable problems that occur. 

• Like 2