IGNORED

Ducati does dirt

roadscholar

• roadscholar changed the title to Ducati does dirt
3 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

^ That’s like the guy using the expensive sports car for a farm tractor. :classic_biggrin:

Once one realizes that they are just vehicles and nothing more, they can be used for things they are not designed for:classic_biggrin:

Off-road Prius : ATBGE

• Smile 1

I have to wonder, is there room in this segment of motorcycling to be profitable? :dontknow: Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Husqvarna, GASGAS and probably another, I missed. 

edit And Triumph.

6 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Once one realizes that they are just vehicles and nothing more, they can be used for things they are not designed for:classic_biggrin:

Off-road Prius : ATBGE

Ya, ok those are cool but to destroy a half million dollar road car in the mud is just someone with FU money, and making more FU money, by destroying the car. :classic_biggrin:

39 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I have to wonder, is there room in this segment of motorcycling to be profitable? :dontknow: Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Husqvarna, GASGAS and probably another, I missed. 

edit And Triumph.

They'll likely get some sales from brand loyalists but probably not a lot. To make it work they'll have to win like KTM/Husky has against the Japanese but KTM was first a dirt bike company then made streetbikes, this is opposite so we'll see. If they're successful I could see them entering the middle weight dual sport/adventure market which still appears to be a growing segment. Winning at motocross is very expensive.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Ya, ok those are cool but to destroy a half million dollar road car in the mud is just someone with FU money, and making more FU money, by destroying the car. :classic_biggrin:

Here's another, not as bad as the farm buy

https://torquecafe.com/video-ferrari-f40-gets-dirty/

They're built for snow

https://offroadsociety.com/omg-ferrari-f40-drifting-snow-base-camp/

And these

When it has to get across

• Like 1