IGNORED

Rider broken in Mexico

Matts_12GS

Hi DR,

Have a friend in Mexico who is having an electrical problem with his 2014 GSA.

Bike runs ok, but his flashers (4 way) seem to come on randomly and the only way to stop them is to disconnect the battery.  He's able to ride, but other than cruise control not working when they come on, there don't seem to be any other issues with the bike.

Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, Matts_12GS said:

Hi DR,

Have a friend in Mexico who is having an electrical problem with his 2014 GSA.

Bike runs ok, but his flashers (4 way) seem to come on randomly and the only way to stop them is to disconnect the battery.  He's able to ride, but other than cruise control not working when they come on, there don't seem to be any other issues with the bike.

Any thoughts?

Morning Matt

Thoughts is about all I can give you on this one. This type of problem usually takes having the motorcycle in-hand to diagnose the problem.

My thought (basically a guess) is that the L/H handlebar switch pod assembly is acting up. 

He m-i-g-h-t be able to prove something if the next time it happens he pours a bottle of very cold water on the L/H handlebar switch assembly, then tries to cancel the hazard flashers. 

If that doesn't work then it proves nothing but if by chance it does work then that strongly points to that switch pod assembly having issues.  

(BMW had a lot of problems with those handlebar switch assemblies)