IGNORED

Camshaft Alignment Jig 3D Model

kon

Friends, just like you, I was browsing the internet for weeks trying to find the dimensions of the camshaft alignment jig for BMW 1250. Stay tuned. I will post a link to the 3D model in the near future. I finally got the jig I purchased 4-5 months ago. I've already modeled the jig but want to test it on my bike before I publish it.

image.thumb.png.6c62e33dcb8c91a27595df786556bd61.png

• Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
2 hours ago, kon said:

"I finally got the jig I purchased 4-5 months ago. "

Where did you purchase it from? I can't find it anywhere - either backordered or discontinued.

I'm about to turn over production, sales, and delivery of ALL of my Cam Timing Tools to another very competent machinist.

Stand by for details over then next few weeks, but this will open up the flood gates of access to the 1250 Cam Alignment Jigs as well as the Cam Chain Tensioner and other tools.

The original versions shown here are made completely of steel, but are untreated...the second set shown in the next picture are black oxide treated steel for better resistance to the elements...same exacting tolerances.

After I transfer all my existing inventory, machining details/intellectual property, and measurements to my successor, I will still be the primary consultant for support and use of these tools and I will still be active on this Forum.

i-fHRJ77x-L.jpg   i-gM6vj8b-L.jpgi-jxgF39x-L.jpg

• Like 8
  • Plus 1 1

This is fantastic news @Boxflyer! Thank you very much sir for everything you do for the community. I was going to publish the 3D model of the jig for people to make, but now that you are going to start selling your inventory I am not going to interfere.

6 minutes ago, TSConver said:

That is copyrighted material and cannot be posted here.

For the record I did not request a copy of the manual and certainly didn't encourage anyone to violate copyright here.

• Like 1

@TSConverI didn't realize that the material is copyrighted. Nothing can be copied from the document anyway. I am willing to share my purchased version and I have no financial gain from it...

On 10/30/2023 at 11:28 AM, Boxflyer said:

I'm about to turn over production, sales, and delivery of ALL of my Cam Timing Tools to another very competent machinist.

Stand by for details over then next few weeks, but this will open up the flood gates of access to the 1250 Cam Alignment Jigs as well as the Cam Chain Tensioner and other tools.

The original versions shown here are made completely of steel, but are untreated...the second set shown in the next picture are black oxide treated steel for better resistance to the elements...same exacting tolerances.

After I transfer all my existing inventory, machining details/intellectual property, and measurements to my successor, I will still be the primary consultant for support and use of these tools and I will still be active on this Forum.

i-fHRJ77x-L.jpg   i-gM6vj8b-L.jpgi-jxgF39x-L.jpgNow just duplicate a manual…………

• Like 1