IGNORED

GS question.

AviP

Finally made the move and picked up a 2019 GS. Still hanging on to my RT for now but garage space will dictate whether it goes on craigslist.

What's the recommended forum for GS riders? Is it AdvRIder's GSpot? 

PXL_20231028_151906709_no_exif.jpg

• Like 1

I guess it depends.  I rarely go over there... too much bullying, chest thumping and general derision.  Maybe I shouldn't say that, as it's been so long I don't really even know anymore.  Plenty of technical expertise here, and even though I'm on a GS, my riding is sport touring, and here is where I have friends.  I kept the RT a year before selling it.  Still trying to sell Sharon's RT. 

So, really it depends what you are looking for.  

20 hours ago, Twisties said:

I guess it depends.  I rarely go over there... too much bullying, chest thumping and general derision.  Maybe I shouldn't say that, as it's been so long I don't really even know anymore.  Plenty of technical expertise here, and even though I'm on a GS, my riding is sport touring, and here is where I have friends.  I kept the RT a year before selling it.  Still trying to sell Sharon's RT. 

So, really it depends what you are looking for.  

I spend a lot more time on ADV now than I do here. I know back in the day this place called that place the asylum and that place called this place mr rogers' neighborhood...but there's really not as much of the crap there anymore. Well, not in the actual useful forums - most of that stays in the basement and I don't spend any time there. The upside of over there is that there are many more people and many more posts and active subtopics. I'm not suggesting anyone eschew here in favor of there - plenty of knowledge in both. 

ETA: there's still a contingent of crossover members - some of them post both places but some just lurk in one and post in the other. 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

You will definitely find more GS info at ADVrider,  but the the tech info you find here is more trustworthy.  Or at least, there is least incorrect material to wade through.  The ADVrider Basement (home of drunken misogynistic fourth graders) can be entertaining, but stay out of CSM unless you enjoy arguments that change no one's mind.

You might also want to bookmark https://www.ukgser.com/.  I don't spend a lot of time there, but have found useful tips there from time to time.

For wealth of GS information of all sorts, I'd suggest ADVRider, as others have.  There are GS riders all over the world who contribute.  That said, there's great technical knowlwdge shared here too, like from Boxflyer, and others.  Much of what interests me here are the riding events, especially the ARTs in Spring, and Fall, and the yearly UnRally.  You don't have to restrict yourself to one source.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1