IGNORED

Rear carrier to final torque spec

Dave P

96 R1100RT, I've replaced the rear brake disc and torqued the 5 torx fasteners to 21 Nm, cleaned the threads and used blue Loctite. Good.

I've purchased 2 new allen countersunk bolts to attach the carrier disc to the final drive, but can't for the life if me find a torque spec for these 2 screws. Manual, internet, no torque spec listed. (Actually my clymers says to go to Chart 1, yet the only spec given is 21 for the 5 torx bolts)

Dont think it's a lot but Id like to get it correct. Anyone know this torque number? Thanks, DaveIMG_3973.thumb.jpeg.a89fd1c25d057f4de6a5021495919598.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dave P said:

96 R1100RT, I've replaced the rear brake disc and torqued the 5 torx fasteners to 21 Nm, cleaned the threads and used blue Loctite. Good.

I've purchased 2 new allen countersunk bolts to attach the carrier disc to the final drive, but can't for the life if me find a torque spec for these 2 screws. Manual, internet, no torque spec listed. (Actually my clymers says to go to Chart 1, yet the only spec given is 21 for the 5 torx bolts)

Dont think it's a lot but Id like to get it correct. Anyone know this torque number? Thanks, Dave

Evening Dave

Tightening torque of rear brake disc to rear wheel drive (clean thread + Loctite 273).......................... 21 Nm

DR thanks for the quick reply. I did torque the 5  torx fasteners to 21 (disc to carrier) but those 2 little Allen screws go to 21 also? I thought they were different (and lower). Sorry for asking twice. D